Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

A week long task alternating..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: A week long task alternating..
A week long task alternating.. 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
I can't find how to do this:

For one week it is one child's 'turn'.
For the whole of the next week it is the other child's 'turn'.

And so on...

How to set this up?

And how to 'alarm' it so that it displays as a fact in the 'alarm' screen?

I rely heavily on this screen.

For instance I have rainlendar programmed so that on garbage collection days that screen shows me which recyclable garbage can is being collected: green or yellow.

I did that by setting up the event for each can, repeated fortnightly alarmed one day ahead. Works fine.

With this thing I tried to do the same. Set it up for one child, making it a 7 day event, repeated fortnightly, alarmed one day ahead. It failed utterly to show on the alarm screen.

Nor did anything else I tried.

Can anyone help?
abrogard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A week long task alternating.. 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
I think the best way is to create two separate events which repeat every second week. If you can't get the alarms to work for such events just export an example event to a iCalendar file (*.ics) and attach to here (you can export the events in the Manager dialog) and I'll take a look if there is something wrong in Rainlendar.
Rainy
graph

Re:A week long task alternating.. 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
Thank you for the help. I think I've got it. I was approaching it wrongly I think.

Now I have set up a week long event, recurrence every second week, and alarmed one minute before it happens.

Once for each child. That's what you were suggesting, I think?

That's going to work, I think.

The alarm is currently showing 'Blue Team Week' and I expect it will show the same thing tomorrow - probably with 'overdue 1 day' on it but I don't mind that. And continue like that for one week.

Then it will switch to 'Green Team Week', I think, I hope and everything will be fine.

If it is a bit messy and the alarm from Blue Team week is still showing I don't mind going to the trouble of 'dismissing' that.

That 'garbage can' thing I already have set up differs in that it is only a one-day event.

How can I vary the time to see how it functions? Not within Rainlendar I think? Have to change the system time if I want to do that?

Perhaps I'm not using Rainlendar as intended in that I rely almost totally on the 'Alarm' screen?

Looking at the events and tasks screens now I notice that the events screen shows me one week ahead - if it were capable of showing somewhat more than that it'd be performing the 'change the date to see what happens' function I mentioned.

It's a great little utility, that's for sure. Even though I only use it for at-home trivia like garbage collection and kid-pleasing. If I were at work with an office (I'm retired) I'd certainly lean heavily on it I think.

abrogard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/03/19 18:10 By abrogard.

Re:A week long task alternating.. 2 Years, 5 Months ago  
The alarm work best for tasks. In this case, yes, it's a bit annoying to have to dismiss one when the other starts.
Your settings will also work better with events, but in this case they won't show in the Alarm window.

I think in the Blue/Green Team Week and make a skin to simplify the window. It's more a sign than an alert/alarm window.

EDIT: Re-reading you post, now I see that both tasks repeats every 2 weeks, but the "garbage can" thing only last for 1 day ( I didn't see that). But this skin would work for the other case (don't look at the picture, the Recycle length is set as 24 hs. each subtask).
What about considering the task is for 1 day, with a 7 days ahead?

File Attachment:
File Name: Sign.zip
File Size: 91224
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop