Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Hourly Chime?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123456
TOPIC: Hourly Chime?
Re:Hourly Chime 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Thanks for the comment, but I'm only just a guy "playing" with the excelent work of Rainy.
He's the genious... I'm only a smart guy...

To test the beta:
- Download here you version: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=7&id=17083#17083
- Close Rainlendar2 (with the tray icon or with task manager...)
- To make a long test (this is because rebooting, closing session, etc.) rename the folder c:\program files (x86)\rainlendar2 to any other name (e.g. rainlendar2_stable)
- Create a new (empty) folder with the name rainlendar2 (this is to keep the old version as a backup)
- Decompress the downloaded file in the folder rainlendar2
- Run the rainlendar2.exe file in the folder rainlendar2

This will run the beta version anytime. If you want to go back to the stable version, close rainlendar2, remove the rainlendar2 folder and rename rainlendar2_stable to rainlendar2. Then run again.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hourly Chime 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hi Jorge!

Thanks for sticking in there with me!

I followed your instructions and am now running the new beta version.
I also assumed that I needed to copy your lua script as well, so we'll see what happens at the top of the next hour.

(Hopeful)
Neilyum2
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Hourly Chime ***SUCCESS!*** 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Yayyy, IT WORKED, IT WORKED!

I don't know *what* you guys did (I have read the changes.txt) but it's way over my head. All I know is that you fixed my problem, and I now have my Hourly Chimes, yayy! I even let a few hours go by before posting, and it continues to work every time!

I realize that I've repeated myself several times in this thread, but I *really* do appreciate all your hard work and perseverance to make this happen!

Thanks a million, and I hope others reading will find this a useful addition to their own personal Rainlendars!
Neilyum2
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Neilyum2 wrote:
Yayyy, IT WORKED, IT WORKED!

I don't know *what* you guys did (I have read the changes.txt) but it's way over my head. All I know is that you fixed my problem, and I now have my Hourly Chimes, yayy! I even let a few hours go by before posting, and it continues to work every time!

I realize that I've repeated myself several times in this thread, but I *really* do appreciate all your hard work and perseverance to make this happen!

Thanks a million, and I hope others reading will find this a useful addition to their own personal Rainlendars!

clap! clap! clap!

I'm happy that it finally works...
Here you have a "new" version (more or less the same) with an added option to make not only hourly chimes but at least 1 minute chime also. (by default it uses 60 minutes). So now you can add (as said in the previous post with the black arrow) as many chimes as you want e.g.: one for every o'clock (60) and one for every quarter (15 = 0,15,30,45).
(Now I see that using this configuration, both will sound at the same o'clock time... but you get the idea).
Using this "window" skin you don't need anymore the lua file in c:\program files (x86)\rainlendar2\scripts\chime.lua. In fact, this file in inside the skin (although you can't see it).

File Attachment:
File Name: Chime.zip
File Size: 1309
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Hi Jorge!

Adding quarterly chimes is something I used to have with another program, but that was years ago in Windows 3.1!
Great to know that it's possible once again. (Is that the "Chime.zip" attachment below?)

As far as your lua file goes, I had copied it into the new beta that is now running flawlessly.
Should I remove it, since it seems redundant? (Or should I just leave well enough alone?!)
Neilyum2
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Yes and no. Replace the chime.r2skin from the old post with this new one inside the zip. You need to add the window 2 times and change the options.
If you only want the hourly chime, you can delete the chime.r2skin and left the lua file.
If you want both chimes, or more than one, you can delete the lua file and left the chime.r2skin (inside the last zip)
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123456
get the latest posts directly to your desktop