Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Google Calendar Event Time Error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Google Calendar Event Time Error
Google Calendar Event Time Error 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
I'm trying out Rainlendar 2
To find out that the google calendar events are not refreshed correctly...

I have changed the timezone of that google calendar, and this maybe the reason... but I have changed the timezone back and I have tried refresh Rainlendar many many times after that but in vain

Maybe some caching problem somewhere in the process, just guessing
thjwong
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Google Calendar Event Time Error 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
I've fixed it, that maybe a problem of google calendar:
I have deleted the troublesome entry and then re-created it, and then Rainlendar2 synchronized it correctly

Regards
thjwong
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Can you give some more details? What is the timezone in Google Calendar? Are you using the same timezone in Windows? What time does Google Calendar show and what does Rainlendar?
Rainy
graph

I think the procedures to replicate this error should be:

1. set to Hong Kong timezone (google calendar's general setting)
2. create a calendar in google calendar and add an event to it (mine is a repetitive event)
3. let rainlendar2 to subscribe to that iCalendar (copy and paste the private icalendar XML address in the settings)
4. will find that the event(s) will be shown 12 (or 13?) hours later (e.g. 9am --> 9pm) when I am in the North American Eastern Time
5. go back to google calendar and adjust the timezone of the particular calendar to the correct local timezone
6. you'll see the events shift in position... and you have to edit the event according to the new correct time zone too
7. google calendar is showing the events now correctly, however, rainlendar2 was not able to amend the events accordingly while being refreshed

Thanks! Rainy
thjwong
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

forgot to mention: rainlendar2 on windows xp sp2
thjwong
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

I tried changing the timezones but I wasn't able to find anything that would cause errors in the event times. As long as the timezones in the Google's settings, in the calendar and in your computer are the same Rainlendar displays the same time as the rest.

However if you are using different timezones things get more complicated.

The event times that Google displays are relative to the timezone defined in the Google's general settings. In the ics file it will always return time as the local time in the particular calendar's timezone so it might be diffent what Google calendar shows. Rainlendar assumes that all local times defined in the ics files are in the same timezone as set in the Windows' settings.

Basically this means that Rainlendar can only show correct times for ics files that use the same timezone as your computer (or which define the time as UTC). I have a todo item to fix this issue in the future versions of Rainlendar.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop