Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Windows immovable on Arch Linux
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Windows immovable on Arch Linux
Windows immovable on Arch Linux 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
First off I'm a fan of this programme.... Still, it usually has issues with an Arch Linux installation.

I've got a rather serious problem that sticks after a lot of tinkering (mainly installing various versions of various libraries) on my new Arch installation (on the VirtualBox emulator).

The problem is that all the three windows --to do, calendar and events-- simply cannot be moved. They are stacked on top of each other at the upper-left-hand-side of the screen, obscuring each other. I can't move any of them by mouse. I tried wmctrl, a command-line X window manipulator, but this did not do anything either.

So, I can't see more than a single window at a time, which I think you can guess how inconvenient.

I use a beta lite version, as the official one is known not to work with the latest version of Curl. However, the official version had exactly the same symptom when I worked it with an older version of Curl.

I guess some library's missing or something, because at the minute my system is very minimal... I'm running fluxbox as a Window manager, by the way.

I don't even know however where to start. Please advise how I could start debugging.

Yo
yosato
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Windows immovable on Arch Linux 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Just a simply question, did you have unchecked the option "Lock windows in place" in the General tab of the Options dialog?
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

yes
yosato
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I'm not really sure what could cause the problem but as a workaround you can also define the window positions by editing the Rainlendar's settings file directly. You can find it from ~/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini (or ~/.config/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini).
Rainy
graph

Re:Windows immovable on Arch Linux 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Do you mean 'WindowPositionX/Y' variables under [OverridenSettings/...]? Well the values of different windows are already different anyway.

Any others you can tinker with, although the issue is not really with initialisation values. By the way, to add info, all the windows are 'on top', though I didn't set it that way

I looked at the log as well but there's nothing worth mentioning...

Below are the errors spat out when launched but perhaps it's nothing either

rainlendar: /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by rainlendar)
rainlendar: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by rainlendar)
rainlendar: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by rainlendar)
rainlendar: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by rainlendar)
rainlendar: /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by rainlendar)

Maybe worth looking at the X log? Although other apps work fine

Yo
yosato
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Windows immovable on Arch Linux 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
That sounds like the window manager doesn't let Rainlendar to change its window positions. I don't know what could cause that since moving Rainlendar has worked just fine on all the Linux distros I've tried. The warnings at startup are not relevant as you would not be able to start the application if some library was missing.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop