Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Shadow4 modification
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Shadow4 modification
Shadow4 modification 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
I am using (and really like) the Shadow4 skin in the month view.

I was wondering if there was any way possible to change the today indicator? Instead of having a red box around the number for the day, is there a way to have the red box around the entire days box? So it outlines the entire today's box and not just the day number inside the today's box?

Also, is it possible to change the color shading for the background for the today's box?

If possible, is there also a way to have the events displayed so that they are just one line high? So, if there is only one event, it does not fill the entire day?

Thanks.
wii
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/08/13 10:50 By wii.Reason: additional requests
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Shadow4 modification 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
I was wondering if there was any way possible to change the today indicator? Instead of having a red box around the number for the day, is there a way to have the red box around the entire days box? So it outlines the entire today's box and not just the day number inside the today's box?
Yes. The month view in the Savannah skin does it (almost) like that so you can check how it's done in there.

Also, is it possible to change the color shading for the background for the today's box?
Yes. Again, check how it's done in other skins.

If possible, is there also a way to have the events displayed so that they are just one line high? So, if there is only one event, it does not fill the entire day?
The <eventtext> has an attribute called maxheight which can be used to define the height of the event inside the day area.

If you haven't done it already I suggest that you read the skinning tutorial in Rainlendar's help file and browse through the skin reference too. That should give a better idea what is possible to do with Rainlendar's skins.
Rainy
graph

Thank you for the reply. I have checked out other skins, and it seems like it only can be done through images. Can it be done by assigning a color and not an image (for the background color)? I still have not been able to figure out how to get today to have an outline (border) around it. I've tried with what the Savannah skin, but no luck. I've even tried to create a CSS stylesheet, but when I refresh, it says the calendar can't be loaded. I've checked out the tutorial as well, but I just can't seem to figure out how to do these things. Is there another tutorial somewhere?
wii
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The "solid" element can be used to define colors but usually it's easier just to use an image. You can create outline borders if you make an image with transparent center.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop