Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

installed skins not working
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: installed skins not working
installed skins not working 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi,

I have downloaded numerous skins and saved the .zip files as .r2skin files in the skins folder, dragged them onto the calender and received the 'skin installed' message, restarted rainlendar2 and the skin doesn't show on the list of available skins.

I have also tried to just extract all of the files into the skins folder (making sure that there are no sub-folders, just the files) and still they don't show.

Any ideas, would quite like to have either the flat inspirat or nano skin by benijamino but can't get any skins to work.

Any help would be great, and apologies if i'm making a blindingly obvious mistake, have tried to follow the help files but to no avail.

Thanks

Mark
newman111
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:installed skins not working 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
newman111 wrote:
I have downloaded numerous skins and saved the .zip files as .r2skin files in the skins folder, dragged them onto the calender and received the 'skin installed' message, restarted rainlendar2 and the skin doesn't show on the list of available skins.That procedure is for Rainlender2 skins only. Not for the old ones. You have to extract them in the Skins folder.

I have also tried to just extract all of the files into the skins folder (making sure that there are no sub-folders, just the files) and still they don't show.You do need a subfolder in the Skins folder. so:
Code:

C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\skins\<skinname>\<files>
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Dutch translator of Rainlendar

Do not change the file extension to .r2skin for the old format skins. Skins which contain *.ini files use the old ini-format and they must be manually extracted to the Rainlendar's skins folder.

You need to have one subfolder in the skins folder where all the skin's files are extacted. The *.ini file must not be in the ../Rainlendar2/Skins folder but e.g. in ../Rainlendar2/Skins/MySkin folder.<br><br>Post edited by: Rainy, at: 2007/01/14 10:56
Rainy
graph

Thanks for that, managed to get some other skins working doing as you suggested.

Can't get the other two skins working though (Flat Inspirat and Nano by benijamino), tried installing the Lucida Grade font for XP as that appears to be the font that is used but still had no luck.

I'll keep trying and post back if I can work out why they won't work.

Thanks
newman111
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I also put skins all work, a few does not want. Why such reason?
San
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Check the skin's ini-file. If it contains non-ascii characters you need to remove them or Rainlendar2 might not be able to load the file.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop