Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Google Calendar and RDATA too large
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Google Calendar and RDATA too large
Google Calendar and RDATA too large 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
I have a repeating event in Rainlendar Pro that I synch with my Google Calendar. It's an alarmed event, every Tuesday, repeats indefinitely, and I set it up months ago.

Yesterday, when I dismissed the reminder, I got an error: "Unable to upload the event: ... Server returned result: (0) 400 Bad Request. RDATA too large."

This is a portable setup running under XP, Version 2.10 (b120) 32 bit
Build on Jul 2 2012

I'm not seeing the error on my netbook (which I have the same version installed on but it's running under 32-bit Windows 7) -- the netbook never gets network connectivity at the same time as the portable version so it can't be some sort of conflict. But I updated the portable version from (oh, whatever the last release was) only a few days ago, so I'm wondering if the new version has a bug in portable mode that affects repeating events. Don't know how to diagnose this further but happy to try things if I haven't given enough information to pin this down...
oblivion
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Google Calendar and RDATA too large 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
The event is probably too large. Check that you don't e.g. have multiple exception dates defined for the event (in the recurrence tab).
Rainy
graph

Re: Google Calendar and RDATA too large 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
Thanks -- that seems to have been the problem.

Unfortunately, it's created another concern. For some reason, the event had multiple exceptions, most or all of which occurred multiple times, extending some distance back into the past. I guess some sort of synch error has caused this, but I can't get my head around what, or work out whether it's an issue with Google Calendar or Rainlendar.

[Am I right in thinking that if I choose to delete an instance of a repeating event from the Rainlendar delete menu (and choose just to delete - say - tomorrow's instance rather than the whole repeating event) that what actually happens is that Rainlendar writes the relevant date into the event's exception list?]

I'd guess -- and I AM guessing, right now -- that my creation of an exception to a repeating event in one instance of Rainlendar is creating that exception correctly in Google and from there into my portable copy of Rainlendar but somehow the next time the event's synched the known list of exceptions can get written in such a way that they add to the existing list rather than being merged into it... is there any way you can check for that and delete duplicate exceptions?
oblivion
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Google Calendar and RDATA too large 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
I'll see if the duplicate exception days could be removed automatically.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop