Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Unable to change 'Status'
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Unable to change 'Status'
Unable to change 'Status' 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
I am new to Rainlender and so far very impressed - well done - so I've dumped my commercial calendar program in favour of Rainlender (Savannah V1.0 Skin).

However one significant problem: I have set up a number of recurring tasks, but when I try and change the status to 'Complete' then clicking OK, it shows in the Bubble and Manager as 'Needs Action'. After opening the task again the Status has reverted to 'Not Started'. What am I doing wrong?
GBS
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unable to change 'Status' 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, GBS.

If the task has a recurrence, when you click as complete, you "hide" the current instance and "show" the next one. This last is the one marked as "Not Started".
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

I have recurring Tasks for the 19th, 20th and 22nd of September 2012 which I have marked as 'Completed', These recurring Tasks are annual events which would reoccur on the 19th 20th and 22nd 2013, but still show as 'Needs Action' against the 2012 dates in the Manager - but are, as you say, hidden in the ToDo display.

None-recurring Tasks marked as 'Completed' are showing in the Manager as 'Completed on nn.. date'

(Hope this is clear but sometimes Rainlendar labels the same items as 'Todo' and sometimes as 'Tasks', this is confusing)
GBS
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/09/27 14:38 By GBS.

Todo and tasks are the same thing, even with different names.
In which way are the tasks stored? Examples:
* every day starting on 19 until 22, except 21 (1 task)
* one for 19, one for 20 and one for 22 (3 tasks)
If is the 2nd case, which is the recurrence? every day? every week? one day only?

Did you set an end time for the tasks? (forever / n times / until date)?
If it is set as "forever" you will never see Completed because the task never ends.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Thanks for the quick reply. To clarify - most of these are different Annual Tasks (eg Birthdays) with end times 'Forever'. Now you point it out, it is obvious that a "Forever" Task can never be 'Complete'. The problem is that in the Manager window the past (2012)occurrences of these Task are still shown as 'Needs Action' even though I have tried to 'Complete' this years occurrence.
GBS
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

GBS wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. To clarify - most of these are different Annual Tasks (eg Birthdays) with end times 'Forever'. Now you point it out, it is obvious that a "Forever" Task can never be 'Complete'. The problem is that in the Manager window the past (2012)occurrences of these Task are still shown as 'Needs Action' even though I have tried to 'Complete' this years occurrence.
For Birthdays I would reccomend using events instead of tasks. Works the same, but... I never heard of a "Needing Action Birthday"
That's right, the Manager never will show the task as completed because it could never be completed. Think the Manager as the window to lookout all the events/tasks. In this case, is one task only but with many instances. In the manager you can't see all the instances but the original one.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop