Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Pro version slow and weather preview doesn't work
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pro version slow and weather preview doesn't work
Pro version slow and weather preview doesn't work 1 Year, 10 Months ago  
Hi!

As I would like to sync rainlendar with my Google calendars without using GCALDaemon I installed the pro version of rainlendar.

Unfortunately, now it is very slow (it needs a long time until it shows up, not only the remote calenders which would be understandable, but the whole tool needs a long time to appear and flashes several time during loading).

The second problem is that the weather preview does not work at all anymore. When I start the free version of rainlendar it still works (I did not change the settings before).

So as it didn't work I also followed the steps described in www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq43, but still the weather does not show up (only the standard icons and no text).

How can I get it working as before but with remote calendars?

Greets,
enomis
enomis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/10/19 05:08 By enomis.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pro version slow and weather preview doesn't work 1 Year, 10 Months ago  
The Lite and Pro versions are exactly the same program so if the Pro starts slower there is something different in your configuration. You can run Rainlendar in the debug mode and try to check from the debug log what takes the time.

The old weather widgets don't work anymore since MSN and Google has closed (or will be closing) the weather feeds. You can try the Yahoo weather widget instead: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=6&id=17902
Rainy
graph

Hi Rainy!

Thanks for your answer.

Well, the Lite version I have is still version 2.8.1 (b103, 64bit) and not the newest one. In this version the weather from MSN works perfectly, also right now when I start the old version instead of Rainlendar2 Pro.

Is there a possibility to get the old version to work with Google calendars? It is much faster and works a lot better for me (Windows 7 Professional, 64bit).

Greetings,
enomis
enomis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Well, you can always download the old version and install it. Note though that the previous versions are unsupported so if there are any problems you have to upgrade to the latest version.
Rainy
graph

Hi Rainy!

Thank you for the download link! It works perfectly

I will use it a few days to be sure that everything works for me (because as you said, it is an old version and not supported anymore) before paying for the Pro version, but so far it does exactly what I want, works fast and without problems with the display like the new version, and the MSN weather also loads correctly!

Thanks!

enomis
enomis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/10/23 08:35 By enomis.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop