Then, if you know how to modify the xml files, you could (after creating a backup) split the window. Here are the steps:
* create a copy from calendar.xml to calendar2.xml
* remove all the lines in the calendar.xml file between <todolist> and </todolist> (both included).
* remove all the lines in the calendar2.xml file between <month ...> and </calendar> (both included). Leave the <image ...>.
* In calendar2.xml, change the window id (e.g. <window id="eventtodo" ...>)
* In calendar2.xml, change the origin1 of eventlist to origin1="TOP-LEFT"
* In skin.xml file, duplicate xml/calendar.xml as xml/calendar2.xml
If you can do this, then you will have 2 windows: one with the calendar only, and one with the event and task lists joined.
Or attach the skin file, and I will split them for you.