Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

"can't find default..ics"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: "can't find default..ics"
"can't find default..ics" 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3 & Rainlendar 2.10 120. Occasionally -- less than once a week -- when I try to save either a new Event or an Event I'm modifying, a Rainlendar message pops up saying "can't find default.ics." I've not seen any pattern to explain why this happens when it happens. The 1st time it happened (months ago), I just said OK, then saw that the program was wiped clean of data. I figured a workaround: Without clicking in the message window, I go to the Rainlendar folder, copy & paste default.ics-bak, then change that file's name to default.ics, then click OK (or whatever it says) in the message window. Rainlendar then saves that Event normally and all seems fine. This workaround is reliable, but [1] why does it happen? [2] can I avoid it? [3] is it fixed in the next version? I did search the forum before writing this entry, but couldn't find a post on it.
MBroom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "can't find default..ics" 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, MBroom.

Could you attach the debug log from the time when this happens? (www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq21 , remove first all private data or password when you upload it).
The user files are stored in your PC or in a LAN? Are you the only user/administrator? Do you have always the rights to access the user folder (inside Documents and Settings)?

Unless you could give more information, it's hard to find from where comes the trouble.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2012/12/09 12:38 By Jorge_Luis.

I am on a local network, but Rainlendar is only installed on my own machine, and I'm the only user. I have full admin rights to everything, including the C:\Documents and Settings\...\.rainlendar2 folder.

I don't see a debug file, either there or on the other partition in which the program is installed.
MBroom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The debug file is called "rainlendar.log" and is on the .rainlendar2 folder.
For a full debug, start the program in command line with "rainlendar2.exe --debug".
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

log file. If I should be running the program with rainlendar2.exe --debug until the problem recurs, let me know.
File Attachment:
File Name: rainlendar2-08fa5aaba87694396efdd1989732c6b6.log
File Size: 3334
MBroom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The log file is too short. I mean, it doesn't show any useful information right now. Did you add any event when the debug was enabled?

If the problem appears too often, then yes, I will recomend you to enable the full debug always, and when it appears attach the file log here or check if it shows any error message.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop