Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Default Event Length
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Default Event Length
Default Event Length 2 Years ago  
Apparently the default event length should be 60 minutes. However, whenever I set an event, the default end time is the same as the start time. This is, of course, annoying as it needs to be changed every time.

I have also tried to experiment with the "First Shown Hour" and "Last Shown Hour". The dialogue boxes doesn't accept colons, so I have tried both "8/17" and "800/1700", but this has no effect on the the default event times offered, which remain "0:/23:30".

Any help on these two points would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alexxx
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Default Event Length 2 Years ago  
Apparently the default event length should be 60 minutes.Go: Options >> Advanced >> find "Time span in the editor" >> change the values to "60".

I have also tried to experiment with the "First Shown Hour" and "Last Shown Hour". The dialogue boxes doesn't accept colons, so I have tried both "8/17" and "800/1700", but this has no effect on the the default event times offered, which remain "0:/23:30".The "First shown hour" and "Last shown hour" only affect the appearance of "Day View" and "Week View".
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Thank you for explaining "First Shown Hour" and "Last Shown Hour". I had obviously misunderstood its function.

With regard to the default event length, I changed the value to 60 in the options. However, if I set an event at 12:00, for example, the end time is set to the same time as the start time. I have to manually set the end time. I had presumed that setting the default event length to 60 would mean that, when I enter 12:00 as the start time, the end time would automatically be set to 60 minutes later. Am I wrong?

Also, I notice that hitting enter does not automatically trigger the "OK" button. Is this by design? Thanks.
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

- Start time = end time: Yes, I agree. This is slightly annoying and could probably be fixed very easily.
- Enter does not equal click on OK. Probably intentional. You'd be VERY annoyed if you just wanted to make a new line in the comment (?) field and the window just closed, wouldn't you? Would be nice with a &OK button here, though (for us keyboard freaks anyway).
Leif
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Yes, at currently, when edit a new event/task, the end time is always same as the start time.
And, the option, I mentioned in previous, is to change the span of start time and end time. (see image)
e.g.
default(30): 00:00, 00:30 ~ 23:30
setting(60): 00:00, 01:00 ~ 23:00

anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Thank you for your answers. I now understand better how things work in Rainleandar. I don't I agree totally, but I still think that it's a great program!
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop