Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

No tray icon
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: No tray icon
No tray icon 1 Year, 3 Months ago  
I have been happily using Rainlendar Lite with Mint 13 for some time, but after upgrading to v.2.11, I cannot get the tray icon to appear. It's box is checked in the Advanced Options, but no icon. I find it very useful to be able to bring up rainlendar after it has been covered by other apps on a desktop.

Any ideas on how to get an icon?

Thanks much.
vahanacap
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: No tray icon 1 Year, 3 Months ago  
You need to disable the "Use app indicator icon" setting if you are running a version of Linux which doesn't support the app indicators.
Rainy
graph

Re:No tray icon 1 Year, 3 Months ago  
@vahanacap: Just curious: what is the window manager you're experiencing that behaviour? (I'm using Cinnamon and the problem shows randomly)

@admin: If I ran into the situation where neither tray icon nor windows are visible: how do I open the setup of an already-running instance? (signal, or cmdline arg to rainlendar?)

Thanks to your help.
SultansOfSwing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:No tray icon 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
@admin: If I ran into the situation where neither tray icon nor windows are visible: how do I open the setup of an already-running instance? (signal, or cmdline arg to rainlendar?)

rainlendar2 -e "Global_ShowOptionsDialog()"

(The Global_ShowOptionsDialog() is the name of the lua function that can be found from the scripts folder).

There seems to be something wrong with this though in the latest Linux build. I'll have to check that.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop