Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Hiding Rainlendar Dock Icon
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Hiding Rainlendar Dock Icon
Re:Hiding Rainlendar Dock Icon 1 Year, 6 Months ago  
Yes, I know the option "Options > Advanced > Check for updates > Off". However, I don't seem to have it. I don't know whether it's because I am now in a Mac or because I reverted to version 210 b115 to suppress the Mac doc icon. In any case, thanks for your help!
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hiding Rainlendar Dock Icon 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Has there been any update on this since back then? I really do not want to have the icon in the dock.
Cantello
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I was the one who originally brought this up, but I've changed my mind. After experimenting for a while, I now think that there are more advantages to having the Rainlendar icon in the dock than not.
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Alexxx wrote:
I was the one who originally brought this up, but I've changed my mind. After experimenting for a while, I now think that there are more advantages to having the Rainlendar icon in the dock than not.

Like what for example? Event or task entry? I normally do this either on the phone or via Fantastical. Quick switching to the calendar or the task list?
Cantello
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

You can still hide the dock icon in Rainlendar but you need to edit the configuration files manually. In ~/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini file change the "ShowDockIcon" to 0 and in /Applications/Rainlendar2-Pro.app/Contents/Info.plist change the LSUIElement's value to true. Note that this will at least disable the main menu since OS X doesn't allow agent applications to have one. There might also be other issues which I'm not aware of.
Rainy
graph

Re:Hiding Rainlendar Dock Icon 4 Months, 1 Week ago  
Hi there,

I know, this thread is a bit older but I am looking for a long time for a solution to turn off the dock icon since I've changed to Mac but it seems to be impossible. Today I came across and found this thread and I thought this might be a good workaround... I tried your hints but there's no way to turn off this !$%&'*+#...icon.
My .ini was edited already and in the .plist I haven't found the value "LSUIElement". Do I have to create it first? And how?
And why did it work in above-named (older) version?

best regards,
bowl
bowl
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop