Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Moving Rainlender from old XP PC to new Win7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Moving Rainlender from old XP PC to new Win7
Moving Rainlender from old XP PC to new Win7 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
Could someone PLEASE direct me to the "Moving Rainlender to a New Computer for Dummies" section? This can't be that difficult (for most) but it seems to be for me. I see instructions about going to username/.rainlender2 and copying rainlender2.ini and default.ics. I can find username/.rainlender2 all right, but not the .ini and .ics files causing no end of frustration. I would greatly appreciate someone directing me to a "baby steps" tutorial on how to accomplish this simple task.

Thanks in advance!!
Timber Tailor
Timber Tailor
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Moving Rainlender from old XP PC to new Win7 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
Welcome to the forum, Timber Tailor.

The user data is stored according to your o.s. (www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq1)
In your case, you need to copy all the files from C:\Documents and Settings\[yourname]\.rainlendar2 to the W7 folder C:\Users\[yourname]\.rainlendar2\

Are you using a portable or full installation? For portable, you can find the ini file in the same folder as the app (usually C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\)

Are you using only the default calendar or shared network calendar too?
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re: Moving Rainlender from old XP PC to new Win7 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
Thanks for your reply!
I would've bet good money I've been trying exactly the steps you outlined for the last 6 hours and they didn't work. Did you include a dash of good karma in your reply? I think you did because, after following the simple steps you sent just now,
ALL my Rainlender "events", past, present and future, are now on the new computer!!!! Thank you for helping out a Rainlender-challenged post-er... your karma jar should now be overflowing!!
Timber Tailor
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop