Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Alarm Not Showing All Events.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Alarm Not Showing All Events.
Alarm Not Showing All Events. 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
A couple of times I think I've been let down by Rainlendar not showing an event on the Alarm list.

The Alarm list is that big list, isn't it, I'm making no mistake about that? Couldn't be, I think. It is not the little, narrow 'events' list nor the 'to do' list. It is a big fat window with no title.

I always Alarm my upcoming events and I rely heavily on the Alarm window.

Today is a case in point. The event list shows 'Confirm George's Appointment' scheduled for today but the Alarm list doesn't show that entry.

I have another event scheduled for today and it appears to be entered in the manager exactly the same as the first one but this one shows up okay where the other doesn't.

As I say, the event shows on the event list so if I train myself to use the event list Rainlendar will still be reliable. But I would like to get to the bottom of this anomaly.
abrogard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Alarm Not Showing All Events. 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
There's not so much info about the events to give you a good answer.
The screenshot shows an event for 11th and the alarm should appear for the first time on 4th. It never appears? Does the event been snoozed or discarded before?
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re: Alarm Not Showing All Events. 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
There is a limit how far back Rainlendar tries to search for the alarms when it is started. You can change this from Options->Advanced->"Hide from alarm after days" so make sure it has a larger value than what you are using in the alarms.
Rainy
graph

Re:Alarm Not Showing All Events. 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
The alarm has maybe 'never appeared' and also on other events appeared and then gone away.

Like I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow that was alarmed 7 days ago, as it usual for me, and I think it did show for the first couple of days. But it is not showing now.

I tried altering the days for the alarm for that event in the hopes that would kick it into action but it didn't work.

There's also an event, two events, for the day after tomorrow and the alarm is not showing for either.

Is there some way to force a reset of the alarm function, perhaps?

Maybe I need a complete reinstall - would that keep my existing list of appointments?

My computer is giving problems. So we can't necessarily blame a Rainlendar malfunction.

The computer gets unhandled exceptions on a couple of downloading or net comms progs - VPN and a thing which uses RTMP, if that suggests any possible interaction with Raindendar.

And the drive is too full. Has 20Gig left on a 1Tera drive.

That's all I know.

Very serious when you rely on a calendar prog and it lets you down - even if it is my own fault, isn't it?

So perhaps that suggests perhaps an addition to Rainlendar? A self testing function, perhaps?

Perhaps something that looks at the database and informs as to how many alarms should be displaying? For the database, according to the manager, has the correct information. Presumably the prog is acting upon it and malfunctioning for whatever reason and doesn't know it has malfunctioned.

I don't know. Whatever.

Meanwhile I'd like to get mine working properly again. It is just the alarm. The event list shows the correct events for tomorrow and the next day...

abrogard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

It's hard to know where is the problem, more in cases like this, where the only thing one can do is to give advices.

From the image, I suppose that you're using WinXP. Close Rainlendar2, open the explorer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\.rainlendar2 (www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq1). Delete the alarms.ini file, then run Rainlendar2 again. Try to add events and see if this helps.

Another thing you can do is (with Rainlendar2 closed, although this isn't necessary but you will need to refresh the app) is edit the default.ics (or where the events are stored) in the user folder and remove the lines starting with X-RAINLENDAR-LASTALARMACK and X-MOZ-LASTACK. This will erase the last time alarm shown for each event.

Are you using the latest version? The last one is the stable version 2.11.1 (www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_rny_download&Itemid=32). Maybe there's a bug behind which was already fixed.

Don't worry about the 20Gb/1Tb. I have only 160Gb total and that doesn't affect Rainlendar.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2013/03/18 22:23 By Jorge_Luis.

I've tried to do as you suggest but there is no alarms.ini file.

I did delete those lines from default .ics. Haven't seen that it has made any difference as yet.

The Manager doesn't show the name of the event. Start, finish, description.. but not the name. That's not right, is it?

And I also notice there's no 'end' time shown in Manager for those events that start and end on the same day.

It all seems to be a big mess.
abrogard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop