Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar
Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar 1 Year, 7 Months ago  
I have a database manager for my hockey timekeeper assignments and when I add an assignment, the manager creates an event and adds it to the Default.ics file, then restarts Rainlendar.

Up until now, it all worked, but then I added a Google calendar to Rainlendar and I cannot figure out how to add my event so it goes to the Google calendar, not the Default calendar.

Am I making this too complicated? Perhaps there is a field I can add to my event to make that happen, or can I make the Google calendar as the default calendar.

Andy
AndyS01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar 1 Year, 7 Months ago  
The event is added manually, by the "Quick Add" or by a 3rd-party app?
Anyway, Refresh Rainlendar2 is better than Restart it.

The New Event dialog has a dropdown list besides the alarm clock icon to change the calendar where you store the event. If you want to set as default you can use the Template menu in the same dialog window.

If the event is added by Quick Add, see www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&id=14182&catid=3#14192 (Create a template and save it as "quickadd")
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re: Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar 1 Year ago  
OK, I created a template called 'quickadd', and in that template, I specify my calendar ('Andy'). But for some reason, the -a command does not set an event like I want it to.

If I try this:
'rainlendar2 -a "#timekeeper @TWKS1 tomorrow 8:30 pm to 10:50 pm"'
it added an event to tomorrow, Rainlendar does a refresh and I see that the event is assigned to my Google calendar.

However when I try this:
'rainlendar2 -a "#timekeeper @TWKS1 10/26/2013 8:30 pm to 10:50 pm"'
I get no errors, Rainlendar does not do a refresh and nothing was added to 10/26/13.

The rainlendar2.log file talks about an offline operation:
Code:

2:14:37 PM: [0:02:13.023] Executing: a#timekeeper @TWKS1 01/26/13 8:30 pm to 10:50 pm
2:14:38 PM: [0:02:14.461] Google Calendar-Andy-Offline: Writing offline file "C:\Users\Andy\.rainlendar2\backups\Google Calendar-Andy-Offline.ics"
2:14:38 PM: [0:02:14.495] Andy: Uploading: https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/andys19a%40gmail.com/private/full?gsessionid=yEIfydnJvFDl6Xi0wOyE4Q
2:14:39 PM: [0:02:15.083] Andy: Result: (0) 201 Created.
2:14:39 PM: [0:02:15.084] Andy: Removed old component since the new uid doesn't match. ({e6bc5029-29f8-6941-9d10-84b4ebf7128f})
2:14:39 PM: [0:02:15.084] Google Calendar-Andy-Offline: Writing offline file "C:\Users\Andy\.rainlendar2\backups\Google Calendar-Andy-Offline.ics"

AndyS01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I'm not able to reproduce this. I tried to create the event with "#timekeeper @TWKS1 10/26/2013 8:30 pm to 10:50 pm" and it appeared on the 26th day. Does the Rainlendar's manager show the event?
Rainy
graph

I uninstalled, then re-installed Rainlendar and I now I see the event on the 26th. Now, if I could set the event for a certain calendar, I would be OK. It always goes to the first calendar in the list of calendars, not to my Google calendar. I'v set the calender choice in the quickadd template to 'Andy', but it gets ignored.
AndyS01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hmm.. I tried this with a local and Google calendar and in both cases the event was stored to the calendar which was defined in the quickadd template. Was the calendar stored correctly to the template (i.e. if you create a new event in Rainlendar and choose the quickadd template does the calendar selection change to the Google calendar)?
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop