Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar
Re: Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar 6 Months ago  
When I create a new event and select the 'quickadd' template, the calendar selected is my Google calendar. However, when I do the quickadd from the command line, it associates the event with the 'Common' calendar. I know it's using the 'quickadd' template because when I run the following command line parameter, other default info in the quickadd template is used (i.e. the alarm setting and the category):
-a "Timekeeper 10/26/2013 8:30pm to 10:50pm"
AndyS01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar 6 Months ago  
I have only 1 template defined (the 'quickadd' template), and I've set this as the default template.

When I create a new event in Rainlendar and choose the quickadd template the calendar selection changes to the 'Andy' (Google) calendar.

I have 3 defined calendars: 'Andy' (my Google calendar), 'Common', and 'Default', in that order.
AndyS01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar 5 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
When I add an event using the 'quickadd' template, the event goes to the Andy (Google) calender. However, when I add the event using the -a quickadd from the command line, the event gets created and has all of the defaults from the 'quickadd template EXCEPT FOR THE CALENDAR. It goes to the 'Common' calender.

Would DEBUG and VERBOSE logs help?
AndyS01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The only reason why the event doesn't go to the correct calendar is that the quickadd template doesn't define any. But it would mean that if you select the template in the editor the calendar would not change. Maybe the debug log reveals something. Can you run Rainlendar in the debug mode and send the debug log to me (use the support address for Rainlendar and include a link to this forum thread).
Rainy
graph

I was looking at the log files and I see what's causing the problem. The 'quickadd' template didn't save my calendar selection. Before, I had my Google calendar defined first in the list of calendars, so it looked like the Google calendar was in the template when I created a new event and specifyied the 'quickadd' template. When I changed the order of the templates, it became clear that the template was using the first calendar to be defined.

So the problem was that the calendar name was not being saved in the template. In the .rainlendar2.ini file, the 'calendars' value was empty:

[Templates]
[Templates/Event]
[Templates/Event/quickadd]
Name=quickadd
Summary=TIMEKEEPER
Location=
Url=
Description=
Private=1
Busy=1
Calendars=

When I changed "Calendars=" to "Calendars=Andy", the 'quickadd' from the command line worked, no matter what order I had the calendars defined in.

So the question is: why does the calendar choice of a template not get saved?
AndyS01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Calendar events destined for the Google Calendar 5 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Because, the flavor of this thread has changed to "'Save Template' does not save the selected calendar", I started a new thread:

http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=4&id=20085#20085
AndyS01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop