Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Opening Google-synced Calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Opening Google-synced Calendar
Opening Google-synced Calendar 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
I have Rainlendar on my laptop and my desktop. I've been using Google Calendar as my basic calendar, so that both copies of Rainlendar will show the same events. This works okay, except I'm curious about one thing: On my laptop, when Rainlendar boots up, it shifts into the Google-version of the calendar almost immediately. On my desktop, Rainlendar opens with an empty calendar; I have to hit "refresh" to get it to show the Google-version, and then it's very slow to respond. Any idea why this happens on the desktop and how I can make it work like it does on the laptop (or is the problem just that my desktop is older and slower)?

Thanks!
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Opening Google-synced Calendar 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
You could take a look at the Rainlendar's debug log to see if there are anything that might explain the behavior. You can at least compare the timestamps to see where it spends most of the time. The debug logging can be enabled by starting Rainlendar from the "Debug Rainlendar" shortcut in the program folder.
Rainy
graph

Just to get it straight, since we're venturing outside of my total-comfort zone computer-wise, I should enable debug logging on both computers and compare the logs that result?<br><br>Post edited by: SShap, at: 2007/01/22 16:58
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Yes. Or well, you can also just send the logs to me (rainy@iki.fi) and I'll take a look at them.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop