Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar creates second icon for tasks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Rainlendar creates second icon for tasks
Rainlendar creates second icon for tasks 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Hi guys

Im using rainlendar - fantastic tool, thx for this - in combination with google calendar.
Now its the first time, i'm a bit clueless. Here the facts:

- I'm using a main-calendar, a birthday-calendar and the google holidays-calendar

- I guess the tasks are part of the maincalendar. (Actually im not sure, because they appear as an own calendar in google calendars. On the other hand, in rainlendar i cant select them as a single calendar. Instead i can select the tasks in every calendar? )

- In Rainlendar i've set the plain-icon for the whole holiday-calendar. For the birthday-calendar, all dates have a present-icon. The Task icon is standard (dot-icon) by default.

Okay, my problem is now, that all my tasks also have that plain icon behind the standard dot-icon. When i reset the plain-icons, all tasks went directy into the google-calendar trashcan, lol.

I think, thats all to explain. Seems, like the Tasks are somehow connected to the holiday-calendar, but why? Maybe you have an idea?

EDIT: At the moment, when i change the icon, that second icon actually disappears. But after actualizing RL, everything is like before again.
Sagehorn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/03/24 10:41 By Sagehorn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rainlendar creates second icon for tasks 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Google Tasks are completely separate from Google Calendar. I probably should separate them also in Rainlendar. Anyway, you can create a separate calendar for your tasks by setting the Google calendar name to "<None>" in the Options->Calendars. That way you can have the task list without an icon if that's the way you like it.
Rainy
graph

Re: Rainlendar creates second icon for tasks 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
If I rename my maincalendar to <None>, i get a separate task calendar? I dont see any change by doing that. (In google calendars there is no way to edit the task-"calendar" btw. No link etc.)

I guess you meant, there is a way to separate the tasks from the main calendar. For this isn't it necessary to copy the main calendar somehow to delete just the calendar entries?

edit: Im not sure, if the tasks are actually disconnected from the calendar. I cant even copy the single events into another calendar, just to another list..

edit2: okay, i actually got it. I created a new calendar and renamed it to <none>. In RL it automatically had the name of the task list. All other calendars had <none> in the list entry. Dont know why, but i think thats what you wanted me to do, not?
Sagehorn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/03/25 09:34 By Sagehorn.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop