Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Showing Task Descriptions in Calender view
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Showing Task Descriptions in Calender view
Showing Task Descriptions in Calender view 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
I am using Rainlendar with Google & RTM. I finally got an understanding of how Rain interacts with each.
As I see it, items from my RTM ical feed or feeds from individual lists, are imported into Rain as tasks not events. I am assuming this is because tasks in RTM only have due times and not start times too. Events from Google show up as events and the item description is visible. You cannot write an Event in Rain and have it go into RTM, it has to be entered as a task. Whether I add the task in RTM or Rain, there is no description in the calender, just a bar with a mouse over the description.
Is there a way to get the calender (especially the day or week view) to show a task description?? I have tried day & week views from all 3 included skins.
If there is not a built in way to do this or if it isn't included in any skin, is there a way I could script it or build it into a task template?
RTM does not have a calender view. During my morning planning, I really like to be able to drag & drop items to reorganize my day. Before using RTM, I put tasks in Google calendar as events, so I could do this. RTM feeds in Google are not in your main calender and also Google does not write to RTM. RAin seems like the perfect solution.
1) I manage my tasks & projects in RTM.
2) I plan my day by dragging & dropping tasks in Rainlendar.
3) RTM, Rainlendar, & Google calendar play nicely together, and ,boom, the current information is available on smart phone.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank for your time,
Alfred
alfred74new
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Showing Task Descriptions in Calender view 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
You can show the tasks in the calendar if you enable Options->Advanced->"Show tasks in calendar" setting.
Rainy
graph

Re:Showing Task Descriptions in Calender view 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Yes I understand that, but all you get is a bar or line on the calender page. You can't see its name or description, unless you mouse over it. When you have several tasks showing on one day, it is frustrating not to be able to see the title or description in the default view.
Is there a way to make the description show in addition to or instead of the bar?
Thank you,
Alfred
alfred74new
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Showing Task Descriptions in Calender view 1 Year, 8 Months ago  
Hmmm... I thought there was a setting to set the minimum height for the events but I guess there isn't. I'll add one in the next version so the height can be increased to fit the text inside it.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop