Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Networking Rainlendar (with a twist)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Networking Rainlendar (with a twist)
Networking Rainlendar (with a twist) 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
I have been using Rainlendar for awhile now on my PC. I have my PC networked (hardwired) through a router with my wife's PC. She could use the great functionality of Rainlendar, but only wants to deal the basics-- Word, e-mail, and surfing the web.

I am in the process of installing a new Win7 64-bit PC (to replace my existing XP 32-bit); she has a Win XP 32-bit PC. Once I get the new networking installed between Win 7 an XP, I will install Rainlendar on my new PC, and I would like to be able to set up Rainlendar on her PC so that I can enter Events (with Alarms) for her on my PC which would hopefully show up on both of our PCs, and any entries (ie, events) that I enter for myself would show only on my PC, not hers.

1) Is this possible without using some kind of "syncing" or third-party apps to make it work?
2) If so, would I need a Pro copy on my PC or a Pro copy on both?
3) Would my 64-bit Rainlendar have any problems talking to her 32-bit Rainlendar, or should both apps be 32-bit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brooks
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Networking Rainlendar (with a twist) 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
You can try to store the *.ics file on a shared folder and access the same file from both computers. If you enable the "Monitor changes" setting in the calendar's options the events will be automatically updated to the other calendar. Note that on some systems keeping the *.ics file on a network drive causes slowdown when the events are edited. You can also lose events if the same calendar is edited from two computers at the same time.

Better option is to store the events e.g. to Google calendar and access them from there with Rainlendar. You need the Pro version for that though. The license for Rainlendar Pro is personal so each user needs his/her own license.

The 64 and 32 bit versions are compatible with each other so it doesn't matter which version you use.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop