Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Error 500 with Google Calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234567
TOPIC: Error 500 with Google Calendar
Re:Error 500 with Google Calendar 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
Rainlendar... Following the directions above... Which I will repost here...

icon tray > options > calendars > google > google calendar
Change the import limit to "future only" by using the drop down box on your highlighted calendar name
cindytg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ok, i have done that...still a problem
troppmann
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

It seems that the problem is caused by the number of events (or their total size) there are in the calendar. Google might be limiting the traffic by returning the error if the resulting list would be too large.

The workaround for this is to change the import limit setting for the calendar in Rainlendar's options or to remove the old events from the calendar. You can also just create a new calendar in Google and start using that one. If you want to see your old events in Rainlendar still too you can try to use the calendar's (read-only) ical feed with the Rainlendar's Network Shared Calendar (you can get the URL by clicking the green ICAL button in the calendar's settings in the Google's website).
Rainy
graph

OK, i am going to go in a different direction with this...run a sync straight from google to the Outlook 2013 Calendar and then have rainlendar pull that information into it.
troppmann
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I don't think that is correct in my case, I have done all that has been suggested and I am still having problems, but only on my Windows 8 laptop .... I also have a Macbook Pro and thought out of these problems with Rainlendar on the Win 8 laptop, I have never had a problem with Rainlendar on my Macbook. Works just like it always did, so if this is a problem with Google servers and the number of events that is being downloaded, then why wouldn't the same problem happen with the Macbook?
I think my only solutions is to stop using Google Calendar sync and just use my iCal on iCloud.

Not trying to be difficult, but just wanted to pass along that information, but if this problem was just with the Google Servers I should be having the same problem on my Mac, and I am not having the problem on the Mac.
dartrout
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Well, the server does not know (or care) if the request comes from a Mac or PC. The Rainlendar's implementation is also identical in both platforms so you should see the same problem no matter what computer you are using. If you send me the Rainlendar's debug log from both versions I can check what's the difference.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1234567
get the latest posts directly to your desktop