Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Pro support for other email calendars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pro support for other email calendars
Pro support for other email calendars 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
With Google closing down their Reader. I'm concerned about Google calendar being on the chopping block at some point. So I'm looking for an online, email, calendar to replace it. I use Inbox.com which has an ok calendar and it would great if it could feed into my Rainlendar Pro. My other choice would be the new Hotmail Calendar program.
Is there any way to determine if these can feed into Rainlendar?
Or is there another better choice to replace Google calendar?
Thanks for your input.
catfishbrody
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pro support for other email calendars 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
I think the Google calendar is in better position than Reader since it's quite important service for Android. Anyway, at least the Hotmail calendar is something that will be supported in the future if Microsoft makes that possible. At the moment its API does not support recurring events properly so I have to wait until the API gets improved.

I tried to check the inbox.com but did not find any developer information for it so it seems that it's not possible to access the events from 3rd party applications.

Other alternatives are Apple's iCloud calendar and Yahoo's calendar which both should work through CalDAV.
Rainy
graph

Thank you. I can certainly try Yahoo Calendar while using Google Calendar. I quit using my yahoo accounts when they kept getting hacked no matter what I did. So I deleted all the address books and abandoned them. They're still still active though. So my next question is how do I use the "CalDAV" function? Just need pointed in the right direction. All this stuff is new to me. Thank you.
catfishbrody
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Thank you. I was able to figure out the CalDav function. Yahoo Help was more helpful than I thought. lol I have a disorder that effects my cognitive thinking at times. So what should be simple sometimes is the most confusing stuff in the world. Thank goodness I don't have to contend with DOS anymore. lol
Rainlendar has been a real life saver keeping track of all my medical appointments and all of life's other appointments too. Thanks again for all your help in this matter.
catfishbrody
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop