Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Linux Insall Woes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Linux Insall Woes
Linux Insall Woes 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
Hi, Rainy.

I love Rainlender and I use both Win and Linux. The Win version is excellent and runs quite well under Wine, so there is not a major problem here. However, the Linux install is not goodness at all.

I am running a 64-bit Fedora distro (fc19) and your reliance on dynamic linking is causing all sorts of grief (missing libs, wrong versions, looking for symbol in libs, etc.).

Can I suggest, at the risk of making the download bigger, that you statically link Rainlender for Linux, or provide all the link-libs that you use in a subdir of your distro and add that relative path to your apps load? It might save us *nix users a world of pain...

For example, from the latest beta

$ ./rainlendar2
./rainlendar2: /lib64/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by ./rainlendar2)
./rainlendar2: /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by ./rainlendar2)
./rainlendar2: /lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by ./rainlendar2)
./rainlendar2: /lib64/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by ./rainlendar2)

Thanks .. mark.
mark5009
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Linux Insall Woes 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
The openssl libraries is probably something that could be also statically linked. I'll try that. But it's not really possible to statically link everything into Rainlendar ("ldd rainlendar2" shows 120 different dependencies).
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop