Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

hangs? or maybe just very slow??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: hangs? or maybe just very slow??
hangs? or maybe just very slow?? 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
Hi

I just installed last week the free version (will go pro should it suit me)

The application either hangs, or wakes up very very very slowly. That is, when i go to use it, it takes anywhere from 2 seconds to 20 seconds to 'wake up' and allow the buttons to be used.
Probably the best way to explain it is that in normal use, when you (lets say) want to scroll the calendar across a month, you hover over the arrow button, the pointer changes to the hand icon, and the arrow button highlights. For me, this does not occur until I click on the app (to activate the window i guess) and then it takes 2 seconds or more for the pointer to become active/arrow to highlight. NB. 2 seconds is being very generous
Another experiment to explain my issue is that once the application does 'wake up' i can double click a date to open a new entry window. If i cancel that entry, and go back to the application, it takes a minimum of 5 seconds to become active for me to do something else.

I have win7 on an i5 with 4g ram etc etc... nothing wrong with the hardware
I have tried using the different skins and also the different positions available in the options. (interestingly, i didnt know what you called that setting, so i went in to look it up and it took literally 2 minutes before the right click raised the raincalendar menu rather than the windows desktop menu)

Have I done something wrong? is this a known issue? Any suggestions?

also, is there a trial version of pro i can access without doing those crazy sponsor task things?
hyjuki87
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/09/23 00:43 By hyjuki87.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: hangs? or maybe just very slow?? 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
Can you run Rainlendar in the debug mode and send the debug log to me (use the support email address and include a link to this forum thread). I can try to check from it what is causing the slowdown. Try using e.g. the Chromophore or some other solid skin so that the clicks don't go to the desktop through the calendar so easily.

You can download the Pro version from the download page. It works without the license too.
Rainy
graph

Thanks Rainy...

How do I start in debug?

I have tried the diffreent skins and positions to see if there was any change, but did not get any result.
hyjuki87
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

above Rainy's writing, click 'debug log'
brianoh68
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

oh crap!, thanks brian

debug log attached

thanks
File Attachment:
File Name: hyjuki87___debug_log.txt
File Size: 29765
hyjuki87
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: hangs? or maybe just very slow?? 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
Hmmm... nothing special in the log. The application starts in less than half second and when the calendar window is activated Rainlendar reacts to it immediately after the Windows sends the activation message. There are not redraw entries in the log so I guess you did not do anything with the calendar when you created the log.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop