Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Select 2nd and 4th thrusday of month
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Select 2nd and 4th thrusday of month
Select 2nd and 4th thrusday of month 1 Year ago  
I would like to set a recurring event forever that happens on the 2nd and 4th week of every month or say the 3rd and 4th week of the month. If I set it to every 2 weeks it will eventually indicate the wrong Thursday. I want to specify a particular week of the current month. I'm not seeing a way to do it Rainlendar. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Robert
robertm999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Select 2nd and 4th thrusday of month 1 Year ago  
I'm not sure if you can do that with only 1 event.
You can try adding 2 events with the same summary, etc:
* one for the 2nd Thursday of the month, every month, forever
* one for the 4th Thursday of the month, every month, forever
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

I can do two events and that would work however I am still in a quandary over how to select the particular week in a month given that the first three weekdays of any 31-day month are repeated 5 times within that month. So, any month that has 31 days and begins on a Friday has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. If I create an event several months in the past and select a two week interval for a Friday and the month previous to the current month had 5 Fridays then in the current month my event will show up in the first week of the month rather than in the second week as I had intended. Thanks for your help with this issue.

Robert
robertm999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I can do two events and that would work however I am still in a quandary over how to select the particular week in a month given that the first three weekdays of any 31-day month are repeated 5 times within that month. So, any month that has 31 days and begins on a Friday has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. If I create an event several months in the past and select a two week interval for a Friday and the month previous to the current month had 5 Fridays then in the current month my event will show up in the first week of the month rather than in the second week as I had intended. Thanks for your help with this issue.

Robert

You can select a 2-weeks interval, but the event will happen every 2 weeks and not in the 2nd and 4th week. As you said, if a month has 5 weeks and you create an event in the 2nd, it will happen again in the 4th but in the 1st of the next month.
You need to select a first day for the event, and then, in the Recurrence tab, you have the option to specifically select that you want the event in a specific week on the month.
But this option doesn't allow you to select multiple weeks. That's why you need to split the event in two, as the image attached:

Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

That will work. Thank you for making it clear with the images. Really helped.

Robert
robertm999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop