Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar windows stays hidden in Linux Mint 15
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Rainlendar windows stays hidden in Linux Mint 15
Rainlendar windows stays hidden in Linux Mint 15 12 Months ago  
Just installed rainlendar 2 for Linux (rainlendar2-lite_2.11.1.b129-1_i386.deb) on Linux Mint 15. Everything went well. I loaded a few events, adjusted the calendar and event list the way I like it, but I couldn't figure out how to set hotkeys.

The main calendar and events list weren't going transparent (Linux problem?) so I clicked "Hide Windows", thinking I could pop them back up like I did in Windows. No luck--the window stays hidden. I installed a panel link to rainlendar2, but all it does is start a new instance, after popping up a warning note.

After killing all rainlendar2 processes, running the program from the menu or from the panel applet, it still starts a process but doesn't display the window. I think this is because I set some variable in the options...

In Linux Alt 0-9 don't do anything for hidden rainlendar process.

What I need is

<li>some means of getting rainlendar to show up on the desktop when started, and </li>
    <li>a button on the panel to show/hide rainlendar</li>

I used rainlendar for years in Windows, then started using Thunderbird/Lightening. Now that I've changed to 100% linux, I need raindlendar again!

-Thanks

-HarryG
harryg123
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rainlendar windows stays hidden in Linux Mint 15 12 Months ago  
You can access Rainlendar's options from its icon in the notification area. If you don't have the icon visible you can enable it from Options->Advanced->"Show tray icon". Rainlendar's settings can be reset if you hold shift and control keys down when the application is started.

If you want Rainlendar to start automatically you can add it as a startup application in the operating system's preferences. At least with the Mate environment it's in System->Preferences->Startup Applications.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop