Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Central Multiple Users Location in Win XP
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Central Multiple Users Location in Win XP
Central Multiple Users Location in Win XP 10 Months ago  
Using Win XP, single computer & set up with 3 User Accounts for security, but there's only one real user, me. How do I make Rainlendar2 show the same Events & To Do info for each user?

I have tried instructions given in FAQ -- Where is All the Data Stored? -- & that creates a new Rainlendar2 for each user in an alternate location with rainlendar2.ini & default.ics files located there. However, when I log off & use another of my user accounts, then log out & come back to the account created with the alternative file location, Rainlendar2 has automatically created the original default file location (which in Win XP is C:\Documents and Settings\[yourname]\.rainlendar2).

How do I get around the automatic reverting back to the default location for settings & events/etc. files? I searched this forum before posting, but found nothing that answered this issue.
fca01
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Central Multiple Users Location in Win XP 10 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, fca01.
As you see, by default, all data will be stored into [your name] folder, if you want to change it, you can:

a) specified the location:
there is a option "-c" (or "--config"), which defines the path where the configuration file will be stored. you can create a shortcut, context is like "rainlendar2.exe -c [new location]", and always launch it when you start Rainlendar.

b) make it as portable:
the similar way can see here:
"Can I install Rainlendar2 on a USB memory stick (portable installation)?"
(www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq2)
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re:Central Multiple Users Location in Win XP 10 Months ago  
Or if you just want to share the same events and tasks you can move the events file (Default.ics) to a location where everyone can access. This can be done in the Options->Calendars.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop