Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

A Little Confused
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: A Little Confused
A Little Confused 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Can you please explain this.
I have 3 calendars: Rainlendars default cal, google cal and a yearly holiday cal downloaded into google cal.

Why is it that in manager/events, some events are listed as default only, other events have 2 calendars listed like default, google cal and other events have google cal only?

Can I choose which of these calendars get listed as the one where the event is stored?
This seems to affect the particular event when syncing with gcal cos sometimes the whole event disappers from Rainlendar.(hope this makes sense to you).

BTW: In Manager the calendar is greyed out so I can't change it in there.

Also Rainlendar seems to reset the google sync'd events to default then sometimes the event disappears from the google cal. Weird!

I always enter my new event into gcal then sync it to Rainlendar. Thanx in advance
Tan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Little Confused 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
It's possible to store the same event to multiple calendars. If you enable Options->Advanced->"Allow multiple calendars" setting you can choose the calendars where the event is stored. Copying the event to another calendar will keep it in the original calendar as well so it will be in two places.

It's not recommended to store copies of the online calendars events in other calendars (e.g. in the Default calendar). It's possible to create duplicated entries this way or if the events get out of sync you might lose some data. You should remove the events from the local calendar if they are stored to your Google Calendar. If you have the "Allow multiple calendars" setting enabled you can just edit the event and remove it from the other calendar.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop