Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Help! Lost Everything!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Help! Lost Everything!
Help! Lost Everything! 8 Months, 1 Week ago  
I have blank screens now on Manager and no headsup 'warnings'or whatever they're called, you know, when you set it to tell you a day in advance or something.

Did it myself unless it's a bug. I was messing around trying to find a way to know which was the last day a recurring event was scheduled for.

Like I had an event set back three years ago to remind me to make a phone call every second week on a particular day (Thursday).

Now it's Xmas and things have gotten screwed up. The office I call has had closed times interfering with things. They mailed (snailmail!) me to ring early and on different days and such...

To sort it all out I need to know the last time this thing was scheduled for or the next time it is scheduled for.

But all I could find was the original schedule date: 3 years ago.

So I was playing with 'calendars', I remember, hoping to find a calendar that would have a circle in every week on every day that had an event scheduled for it.

And I pressed 'default'. And I think that's the mistake I made.

I think it has restored the whole bloody thing to its default state.

Aaaarrrgghhh...

Is there any recovering from this?

A salutory lesson on putting your faith on computers...
abrogard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help! Lost Everything! 8 Months, 1 Week ago  
If by "default" you mean that you selected Calendars->Default from the menu you just toggled the default calendar's visibility. You can enable the calendar by selecting it from the menu again.

If you really managed to reset the settings (you can do that from the "Reset all settings" button in the options dialog) then your settings are set to default values but your events are unaffected. If you had configured new calendars into Rainlendar you need to do that again in Options->Calendars.

Rainlendar also creates automatic backups every day so you can get all the previous settings back by restoring the backup file. The backup files can be found from Rainlendar's data folder and the restoring can be done in the Manager dialog (File->Restore).
Rainy
graph

Re: Help! Lost Everything! 8 Months, 1 Week ago  
Ahh... wonderful. Yes, I just did Calendars/Default so it all came back with one tiny keypress...

Thanks for the help and thanks for the info on the data folder backups.

Much appreciated.

p.s. and when I have it all restored and calm down and idly browse over that little calendar I see that's all I ever needed to do in the first place. Hover for a little while and it lights up and tells you what was scheduled for that day....

Much todo about nothing..

abrogard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop