Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

is it timezone issue?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: is it timezone issue?
is it timezone issue? 6 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
Hello!
I import the ics from email to rainlendar with command line "Rainlendar2.exe -I xx.ics"
Most such calendar entries end up just fine but some specific ones (from Lotus Notes or Microsoft Exchange Server 2010)are with 1h offset.
My understanding is that the ics file itself contains the timezone definition (in specific case: "TZID:Romance Standard Time") that defines the offset to UTC as well as daylight savings time but in rainlendar the event start time is displayed 1h earlier compared to the info presented in corporate calendar via web interface.

It is probbaly not incompatibility as some other invites from exchange servers are just fine.

How come? Do I need to adjust something?

rgds,
Paavo
Sild
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: is it timezone issue? 6 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
You could try the latest beta version as there have been improvements to the time zone handling. If that doesn't help can you attach an example event which isn't imported correctly? I can try to check where things go wrong.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:is it timezone issue? 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago  
I had the same problem - events in my timezone were ok but events in other zones were out by one hour.

I fixed this by turning off the "automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time" setting on the Win7 timezone dialog.

This is not a long-term solution but it might help you fix the issue in a future release.

Thanks!
estuardo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop