Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

time zones for events
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: time zones for events
time zones for events 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Hello,

I have a minor issue with the Rainlendar right now. I have it installed and I am using it in combination with google calendar as well as my android smartphone.
For me, it is important to create new events for a specific time zone, so that this new event is specifically connected to this time zone even if I change the time zone on my computer or my smartphone.
When I am creating a new event on Rainlendar (Central European Time (CET)), it is shown on my smartphone with the correct time, but for the time zone (UTC). So, if I then correct the time zone of the event on my smartphone, it also changes the time. So, basically, the connection between Rainlendar, google Calendar and my smartphone works, but it is messing up the time zones. Do you have any idea where the problem might be ?

best regards and thanks for all help,

Jumping Jack
jumping_jack
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: time zones for events 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Can you give an example what Google calendar and Rainlendar now show and what you would like them to show as the event time?
Rainy
graph

Re:time zones for events 10 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Okay, actually, the problems seems to be a little bit more complicated:

1. Creating a new event on Rainlendar (Version 2.12 (b136) 64bit, e. g. on february 10th, 9 am to 6 pm. It synchronize it with Google Calendar, but if I check directly again the event, the time changed automatically to 10 am to 7 pm.

2. If I open and change the time to the correct one (9 am to 6 pm), it still keeps the time 10 am to 7 pm. If I save the event with 10 am to 7 pm, it changes it to 11 am to 8 pm. I guess it might be a problem with the time zones (I am at UTC + 1h)

2. Checking my android phone: Google calendar shows two times for the event: The correct one (time zone UTC + 1h) as well as the times in UTC (all in one event).

I hope you can follow my description

jumping_jack
jumping_jack
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop