Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Can't change login for Google cal connection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Can't change login for Google cal connection
Can't change login for Google cal connection 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Hello,

thanks again for this cool softawre

but since the new version, there is problem.
We now have 2 ways to connect to Gogle Cal, the old absolete one (still working but sensitive to error 500) and the new v3 one, which require a token.

The trouble is that when we write an adress email in Rainlendarfield , we then have to choose a login to connect with to Google Calendar.
Once we have done this, WE CANNOT GO BACK.
No way to reassociate the email adress to another Google login. Everytime I put this email adress, I will get automatically connected to the Google login I first gave.
So If I want to connect to another account, I have to write an imaginary email address in the field, then I can choose a nex login account. (same with task list)

Still, now, my information with v3 only download the date/hour appointment, not the description nor category.

So I keep using the old obsolete connection which is working good.
xdepub
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't change login for Google cal connection 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
I don't understand. Are you somehow able to associate the same email address to multiple Google accounts? How does Google know which account you should be sign in?

If you get empty summary for the Google calendar events try reinstalling Rainlendar and your license. That is a side effect which can happen if there is something wrong with Rainlendar or the license.
Rainy
graph

Re:Can't change login for Google cal connection 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Look at this picture to understand :

When I want to modify an account, I can't, since it is already linked to a Google Account.

So I can create a new account. Whatever email I put in, it tries to connect to Google API.(it doesn't care about the email I just wrote, as long as it is a valid email string)
Then it connects to Google API, and invite me to authorize Rainlendar to access Google Agenda.
But if you look carefully, you notice that it doesn't ask to access my Google Account with the email I just wrote, but with an account the API knows already (I don't know how, I was not connected with any browser to that account).

Then this is the time (if I'm extra careful) when I can change account (disconnect / manage accounts / add new) and link the email address to a new account.
But once it's done, I can't ever change it.

For the empty summary / category / anything unless time, well, it's working when I create NEW event to the v3 Google Account.
So i'm working iwth both account (obsolete and v3) but add new event only in v3.
I guss in some months everything should be ok.
I really don't like reinstalling licence, it's always like I have a limited number of reinstall...
xdepub
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hmmm.... that's not what happens when I try this. If I enter a new email address I get a page where I can choose either to use my current Google account or sign in with an another one. I wonder if Googles servers work different way depending where you are located.

I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about this since the whole authentication process is handled by Google and the only thing Rainlendar does is to open the web browser to a specific location. It might work if you opened Internet Explorer and signed out from your Google account with it or manually cleared the IE's cache. Note that you have to do this with IE even if you normally use Firefox or Chrome.
Rainy
graph

If I enter a new email address I get a page where I can choose either to use my current Google account or sign in with an another one
Well, this seems correct. Still, the Google account will not pay attention to the email inserted in Rainlendar.
Then, it will go to the choosing login page (in your case) or the an already identified login (in my case), it seems to me the same behavior, and it should not do that (but try to login with the inserted email)

It might work if you opened Internet Explorer and signed out from your Google account with it or manually cleared the IE's cacheI tried to log out, not to clear the cache. I can try this.
Yeah, I know the new Google token if a thing hard to handle (i tried to use it myself for other purpose). I Wonder if you cannot add an email (login) in the URl where you try to send the user.

But the bad part is when I want to change an account. Since it has already been linked to a Google account, it doesn't ask me anymore to accept the token, so I don't go to any Google page where I can modify the account. Instead, I just have directly the choice of calendars (downloaded by Rainlendar from this Google account, I guess).
And if I change the email, it changes nothing since Google doesn't care.

A good thing, a least, would be that if i change the email in the email field, rainlendar ask for a new token at Google, instead of going through and ignoring the email field...

I hope i'm clear
xdepub
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Google's documentation says this about the email field:
When your application knows which user it is trying to authenticate, it can provide this parameter as a hint to the Authentication Server. Passing this hint will either pre-fill the email box on the sign-in form or select the proper multi-login session, thereby simplifying the login flow.
So, you should always get the page where you can select the account if you use an email which isn't signed in to Google. I don't know why this does not happen with you. Leaving the field empty would most likely just use the currently signed in account.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop