Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

alarms override everything else
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: alarms override everything else
alarms override everything else 7 Months ago  
Starting with v2.12 build 136, every time an alarm pops up, it takes the active window for itself, interrupting whatever I'm typing (or whatever else I'm doing). Once I realize that, I restore focus to what I doing, but the alarm takes it back again a moment later. That's true even when what I've done is use the alarm's context menu to open the Edit window for that alarm.

Shortly after b136 came out, I read here a week or more ago that unchecking the Advanced Options box for Keep alarm always on top would stop that behavior, that it doesn't do so. (I looked for that thread to see if there was something else to try, but couldn't find it.)

I don't know why it should matter, but I'm running Windows XP SP3.
MBroom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: alarms override everything else 7 Months ago  
I cannot reproduce this. I tried it in WinXP but if I have the focus e.g. in notepad it stays there even when the alarm pops up. You can try to disable the "Shoe due to the event" setting. It will stop the alarm from updating the window every minute.
Rainy
graph

"Shoe [Show] due to the event" was NOT checked. Under Alarm, the only checks are for "Show alarm start time" and "Show alarm location"; under Event List, the only checks are for "Show event start time" and "Age from start of week."

Can it be XP-related even if this never happened until I updated recently from the last stable build (129??)?

Since this happens consistently rather than randomly, has Rainlendar a way to log this behavior?
MBroom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rainlendar does log when a window gets a focus but it can't tell what caused the focus to change. You can run Rainlendar in the debug mode and check from the debug log if the alarm window is constantly receiving the focus.
Rainy
graph

Just installed 1.12.1. It does NOT display the behavior I was describing. Apparently, something you did inadvertently caused the problem, and something else you did inadvertently fixed the problem. Thanks!
MBroom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

CORRECTION: I thought the problem had disappeared, but either it didn't or else it's returned. I can click to change the focus elsewhere, but an active alarm will relentlessly retake the focus after a second or less -- unless I have a context menu open, in which event it waits until the context menu is cleared. Of course, I CAN put off the problem by snoozing the alarm(s), but I'd rather be able to keep the alarm visible if I'm trying to finish something else before attending to it.
MBroom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop