Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Events not displaying in Event window after backup
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Events not displaying in Event window after backup
Events not displaying in Event window after backup 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
I'm on a new computer and have installed the newest Rainlendar (2.12.1). After a bit of back and forth I finally managed to get a backup working.

The problem is, the To Do list shows up in the Manager and displays just fine in its window. But, although fully displayed in the Manager and marked on the calendar, the Events window shows "No Events".

Is there a button somewhere I forgot to press? It's all there, but not showing.
siegbrunn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Events not displaying in Event window after backup 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Check that the event list window doesn't define any include or exclude filters which might hide the events from a certain calendar. You can do that by selecting Windows->Settings->"Event List" from the context menu.
Rainy
graph

Re: Events not displaying in Event window after backup 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Thank you Rainy for the quick answer.

Have tried what you suggest. The Settings for the Events window were blank,(for the Include and Exclude stuff) so I changed the "Include" entries to Default, but it didn't do anything. BTW you can assume that I regularly exited Rainlendar and started it new to see if something had worked.

I've now played around with the settings, trying "Default" Calendar for the Events window, the Month View window and so forth, no help. I've tried Default for Include Categories as well (since I only use the default category). I still have the whole Event list in the manager and have gotten (somehow at least) the Events to display on the "Month View", but I'm stymied as to what to do next. The Events window remains resolutely blank as far as the imported ics file goes.

BTW I'm on Win7 Pro if that makes any difference (which I doubt)
siegbrunn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/02/01 06:48 By siegbrunn.

Re: Events not displaying in Event window after backup 10 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Verify that the Options->Advanced->"Number of past/future days the list shows" settings have proper values.

If that's not the problem either please run Rainlendar in the debug mode and send the debug log to me. I can try to check from the log what could cause the issue. You can send the log to Rainlendar's support email address and include a link to this forum thread so I know what the log is for.
Rainy
graph

Re:Events not displaying in Event window after backup 10 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
SOLVED!

I feel like a total idiot. Kimmo's E-Mail brought me onto the right track. But instead of trying to disappear into a hole in the ground for embarrassment, I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same problem.

It just so happened, that my computer change requiring a new Rainlendar installation and importing the information from the old calendar, came in a time period where I had no firm appointments or birthdays to remember for the next two weeks. THEREFORE there was nothing displayed. I checked this by changing the "number of future days the list shows" from 7 to 16 in the Rainlendar Advanced Options, and sure enough, the next events showed up.

Much thanks for the nudge in the right direction and the help
siegbrunn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop