Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Which one do I get?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Which one do I get?
Which one do I get? 8 Months ago  
I've been using Rainlendar Lite 2.8.1 for about 3 years.

Here's what I want to do:

I want to install this on my other two computers.

When I make a calendar change on 1 computer, I would like it to appear on all the computers. I assume this is called synching (obviously, I'm a relative newby).

Am I correct that I would have to install Rainlendar Pro? Do I install it on each computer and they get linked due to a common password?

When I install it on my current computer that already has the LITE version, will it import all the events?

I gather there is a cost, or can I just d/l and use it? From what I read, it sounds like I can and it will say [unregistered] next to each event or something like that. If I purchase it, is it a one-time charge or a yearly rental. If I buy a license, then can I install it on a few computers, or is the cost contingent on the number of computers?

Sorry for the elementary questions. Hopefully someone can eliminate this confusion for me.
Mel
compiler
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/01/31 19:34 By compiler.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Which one do I get? 8 Months ago  
To synchronize the calendars you need a server from where both Rainlendars will access the events. You can either set up your own server or if you don't have a suitable computer available you can use e.g. Google's web calendar as the server. The benefit of using an online web calendar is that you can also access your events from other computers.

Your current events are stored locally and when you upgrade to the Pro version nothing will change. They will still be in your local calendar. If you want to share them to another computer you need to create a new calendar in Rainlendar and transfer the events to it. Events can be copied between calendars in Rainlendar's manager dialog.

You can download the Pro version from the download page. The Pro version is fully functional except that all events will have the [UNREGISTERED] text in front of them. Buying the license will remove the text. The license does not expire so you can use it as long as you like. The license is personal so it can be installed to multiple computers.
Rainy
graph

Thanks.

So, I CANNOT add a date/event on one computer via my Rainlender calendar and have it synched to my other ones. I would have to change it on my google or similar web-calendar.

Correct?

Mel
compiler
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Sure you can. Rainlendar will first upload the event to the server and the other calendars will download it from there.
Rainy
graph

OK. I have a google account, gmail, and a password. I don't use google calendar. But I gather I don't have to? Rainlender will just use it as a conduit?

Mel
compiler
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Which one do I get? 7 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
You don't have to ever even open the Google calendar's webpage if you don't want to. You can also use your own CalDAV server if you want to keep the events completely private.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop