Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar2 on FC5
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Rainlendar2 on FC5
Rainlendar2 on FC5 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
One of the things which made Rainlendar a "keeper" for me in Windows (where i first discovered it years ago) is the Launch-on-Startup attribute of the application.

I do not see this as on option in the Linux version.

I realize it is possible to "force" Rainlendar to run after booking into KDE, or GNOME for example, but my mastery of the Linux O.S. / Desktop managers is not so advanced yet that I possess the knowledge to do it. what is the recommended method for "forcing" Rainlendar to launch on startup?

also, i missed the "installation instructions" before i installed it by extracting to a temp folder, then manually installing it to /usr/local/Rainlendar/rainlendar2/ . i figure it's okay that i've done it that way. anything wrong w/ that?

Finally, i'd like to have an icon for the launcher which i've put in the "panel". i created my own because i couldn't find anything w/ the package i downloaded. (yeah, it's lame-- now you know why i am hoping to get the "real thing")

i always enjoyed the original Rainlendar logo.

other than those minor technicalities, i'm pleased with it. having used Fedora for nearly a year now, i'm disappointed i've waited so long to install Rainlendar! this is the first i've hooked it up w/ a gmail - .ics file (err google calendar, whatever...) -- works great! (hence my desire for that auto-launch)

thanks!!<br><br>Post edited by: fedoracore, at: 2007/02/02 00:17
fedoracore
The twitter you face, the blogger you get
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
NoviceNotes™ Location: Malkovich
The administrator has disabled public write access.
After all, Joe Walsh knew: the twitter you face, the blogger you get

Re:Rainlendar2 on FC5 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
The FAQ has some instruction how to start applications automatically on Linux.

Here is the icon for Rainlendar in PNG format:
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop