Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar2 on FC5
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Rainlendar2 on FC5
Rainlendar2 on FC5 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
One of the things which made Rainlendar a "keeper" for me in Windows (where i first discovered it years ago) is the Launch-on-Startup attribute of the application.

I do not see this as on option in the Linux version.

I realize it is possible to "force" Rainlendar to run after booking into KDE, or GNOME for example, but my mastery of the Linux O.S. / Desktop managers is not so advanced yet that I possess the knowledge to do it. what is the recommended method for "forcing" Rainlendar to launch on startup?

also, i missed the "installation instructions" before i installed it by extracting to a temp folder, then manually installing it to /usr/local/Rainlendar/rainlendar2/ . i figure it's okay that i've done it that way. anything wrong w/ that?

Finally, i'd like to have an icon for the launcher which i've put in the "panel". i created my own because i couldn't find anything w/ the package i downloaded. (yeah, it's lame-- now you know why i am hoping to get the "real thing")

i always enjoyed the original Rainlendar logo.

other than those minor technicalities, i'm pleased with it. having used Fedora for nearly a year now, i'm disappointed i've waited so long to install Rainlendar! this is the first i've hooked it up w/ a gmail - .ics file (err google calendar, whatever...) -- works great! (hence my desire for that auto-launch)

thanks!!<br><br>Post edited by: fedoracore, at: 2007/02/02 00:17
fedoracore
The twitter you face, the blogger you get
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
NoviceNotes™ Location: Malkovich
The administrator has disabled public write access.
After all, Joe Walsh knew: the twitter you face, the blogger you get

Re:Rainlendar2 on FC5 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
The FAQ has some instruction how to start applications automatically on Linux.

Here is the icon for Rainlendar in PNG format:
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop