Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Missing events
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Missing events
Missing events 3 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
Hi there,
I'm a bit flustered here. I use rainlendar as my main booking system for jobs since it (usually) syncs so well with google and can be seen a second or two after adding an event on my phone.

Unfortunately sometimes events just seem to disappear. Sometimes I think maybe I pressed cancel after writing out an event instead of ok, but this morning I added an event and I think it appeared ok on my phone and then it disappeared later. I only realised it was gone after I tried adding another event, which made the white calendar day turn blue when it was "updating" but then immediately after the screen closed, the blue went back to white and there was no sign of it.

This could prove really dangerous for me as I don't want to forget any bookings I have and let any customers down. Is there any way to ensure the events are always saved somewhere, is there any on the fly draft feature (like in google docs online) where it saves as you write for example.

It's mostly fine, but these things happen from time to time and worry me that I won't notice that it hasn't updated or saved properly and forget a booking. I don't know if it's an issue with my internet, Rainlendar, or Google?

Any help greatly appreciated.
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Missing events 3 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
Are you using the latest version of Rainlendar (and the "Google Calendar (v3)")? In the previous version there was a bug which could cause events to disappear from Rainlendar if the server did not accept it for some reason. Now you should always at least get an error message if this happens (as long as you are not suppressing the errors).
Rainy
graph

Re: Missing events 3 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
Thanks for the reply. I installed the latest version of rainlendar and haven't had any issues since. I don't know whether I'm using Google Calendar v3 or how to check, and I don't think I'm suppressing errors (or how to check)
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop