Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Google Events
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Google Events
Re: Google Events 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago  
You can also make a portable installation and put whole Rainlendar on your backup drive. But those are pretty much the only options.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Google Events 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago  
Thanks for your reply. If I have Win 8.1 and would like to use the backup copy of offline calendar, are these the steps that I should do?
1) disable auto-startup in Task Manager (right now Rainlendar is started automatically by Task Manager)
2) create a shortcut in Win 8.1 startup folder (C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup)
3) in this shortcut, specify the command as follows:
C:\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe --backup=D:\xxx (where my backup copy is located).
4) the next time I start OS, the it should pickup the new backup file in D

ps: what if I change Start in to my D where my offline copy is located will it do the same?

If I put the offline calendar in D, how do I sync my Google calendar with this copy in D?

Thanks
michaelbr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/06/30 19:16 By michaelbr.
TIA
Michael

Re: Google Events 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago  
Yes, those steps should be enough. The "Start in" setting in the shortcut has no functionality with Rainlendar so you need to always define the path with the command line argument. The sync always uses the offline file from the backup folder. It's automatic and it doesn't matter where it is located.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop