Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar vanishes periodically (Vista)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Rainlendar vanishes periodically (Vista)
Rainlendar vanishes periodically (Vista) 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
I've been using Rainlendar for a couple of years now and love it. I just installed Vista on January 30th. I've noticed that some kind of event in Vista will cause Rainlendar to vanish from the desktop. It's still running, but it just disappears. I've been killing the task in Task Manager, then restarting it. I've tried the different position options, such as Normal, On Bottom and On Desktop. On Bottom created a huge solid color background behind the calendar, as if it were a hole in the wallpaper.

I found another thread with a similar issue, but not quite the same. Just to be on the bleeding edge, I adding my Email address to the notification list for new releases.
BraytonAK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rainlendar vanishes periodically (Vista) 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
The "On Desktop" feature does not work but I haven't noticed any other issues myself. If there are some graphical errors could you attach a screenshot?
Rainy
graph

Rainy wrote:
The "On Desktop" feature does not work but I haven't noticed any other issues myself. If there are some graphical errors could you attach a screenshot?

I don't have a screen capture of any corruption at the moment. Changing the position modes will eventually cause the area behind any Rainlendar windows to appear as a solid color. I've noticed that Rainlendar will work fine, until I use Sleep or Hibernate. When the computer wakes up, Rainlendar is running, yet invisible.
BraytonAK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

<br><br>Post edited by: BraytonAK, at: 2007/02/11 04:28
BraytonAK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rainy wrote:
The &quot;On Desktop&quot; feature does not work but I haven't noticed any other issues myself. If there are some graphical errors could you attach a screenshot?

Here's something I noticed tonight. While sorting some files on my desktop, I noticed that the Events window and part of the calendar itself were missing after I used the mouse to click-and-drag to select a group of files. (The area selected went through the Rainlendar real estate.)

By the time I noticed and tried to get a screenshot, Rainlendar had disappeared. But I noticed that I can still right-click the area and get the context menu for the calendar. The attached file shows the Rainlendar context menu and the invisible calendar and events windows. (They should be visible at the upper-right corner).
File Attachment:
File Name: New_Compressed__zipped__Folder.zip
File Size: 60595
BraytonAK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rear Rainy, when you know the problem times fix?! (On Dekstop)<br><br>Post edited by: xnickx, at: 2007/02/11 18:51
xnickx
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop