Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Trouble keeping calendar showing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Trouble keeping calendar showing
Trouble keeping calendar showing 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
I just migrated to a new PC, downloaded Rainlender and brought my appointment data over from the former computer. I'm having trouble with the Rainlender calendar appearing on the desktop when I boot or wake up the PC (even though it's in the start menu), and keeping the calendar showing on the desktop once I do get it showing.

When I cold-boot or wake up my computer, the calendar isn't showing on the desktop. I have to click it off the Start menu to get it showing. Half the time, it tells me there's a calendar running already and would I like open a second calendar. I don't keep a second calendar.

Once I get it showing, if I peek at the desktop using the "show desktop" button, the calendar shows; however, when I click the "show desktop" button, the desktop comes up without the calendar showing.

If I open the browser or email program and I want to make sure the calendar shows on the desktop, I have to minimize those programs to look at the desktop, rather than clicking the "show desktop" button.

I never had this problem with the old PC. The calendar was always there when I booted or woke the PC, and whenever I looked at the desktop, whichever way I did it, the calendar still showed. I have no idea why it's not working on the new computer, and it's really frustrating.

Any clues for me? Thanks!
Artemis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Trouble keeping calendar showing 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
I assume you have the "Enable on startup" setting enabled? If that doesn't work you could try to copy the Rainlendar's shortcut to the Windows Startup folder instead.

You could also experiment with the different window positions (e.g. On Desktop, On Top, ...) and see if they work as they are supposed to. You can also try different transparency types (in Options->Advanced) in cast your display adapter has trouble showing the transparent windows.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop