Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

UTF-8 stream not valid
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: UTF-8 stream not valid
UTF-8 stream not valid 3 Years ago  
I'm getting the following message in some event descriptions:

<UTF-8 stream not valid>

I recently removed calendars and replaced with Google V3 and everything seemed fine but I just realised the description of some events was replaced with nothing but the above. I searched the term on MANAGER and see several entries have been affected. Most are fine but it's worrying.

The events seem to have all the information when checked on Google itself so hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Would it ever be possible that Rainlendar would replace the info on Google with the info it has (in this case <UTF-8 stream not valid>) if so, that wouldn't be good at all.

Would appreciate any feedback on this!
cormie
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: UTF-8 stream not valid 3 Years ago  
Hmmm... That should not happen. The text should be always in UTF-8 format. Can you run Rainlendar in the debug mode and send the debug log to me when you reproduce the problem? Use the support email address and include a link to this forum thread. If you have multiple calendars enabled please disable all the others so that the log will contain only the calendar which has the problem.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Thanks for the reply. Actually, the UTF-8 stream not valid is showing up in the same event shared over 2 different calendars so it seems to be specific events as opposed to specific calendars, other events from the same calendars appear fine?

Anyway, I've created the debug log file from one calendar now, but it's HUGE with a LOT of text in it. All the info I would have input is mixed up amongst loads of code, is there any parts specifically you need to see and I can just delete the rest with the actual entry info that I put in?
cormie
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

The log actually might not contain the problematic text since it uses the same utf-8 conversion as the events. When Rainlendar is ran in the debug mode it will save the data from the server to a file called GoogleCalendarDump.json. The file is located in the backup folder under the Rainlendar's settings folder. Can you send that file to me? Please also tell which event has the problem.
Rainy
graph

Re:UTF-8 stream not valid 3 Years ago  
Hi again, thanks for that. It's actually numerous events that are coming up with the same error string.

Is it possible to repopulate the dates somehow? The information is still fine when viewed from Google Calendar so it must be just however rainlendar downloaded the info that it displayed this.

Maybe it will fix itself if I delete the calendars and add them again?

How can I go about sending you the minimum amount of info required for you to suss it out? I wouldn't like to give my whole calendar of events as I'm sure you can understand
cormie
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:UTF-8 stream not valid 3 Years ago  
Disable all your current calendars and create a new calendar into your Google Calendar. Then configure Rainlendar to sync with that. Add a test event to the new calendar which shows the problem with the UTF-8 stream. This way the *.json file will only contain the test event. I would prefer it this way too so that I don't have to go through all the unrelated events in the calendar.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop