Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Theme problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Theme problem
Theme problem 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
I have downloaded a number of Themes from the Rainlendar website - all zipfiles. I have changed the extension to .r2skin but these skins do not appear in my options>skins.
So what do I do now?<br><br>Post edited by: Sirima, at: 2007/02/12 11:27
Sirima
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Theme problem 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Changing the file extension does not convert the skins automatically to the new xml-format. Please read from the FAQ and the manual for instructions how to install the old ini-format skins.
Rainy
graph

To install old skins you need to uncompress the skin into the Rainlendar's skins-folder. Make sure that no extra folders are created when you unzip the archive. There must be only one subfolder under the skins-folder where the skin's ini-file(s) are located. After you refresh the calendar the skin should appear in the skin list. If that doesn't happen check the Rainlendar's log file for possible errors.

I don't understand one word of this explanation. The skins I downloaded are from the Rainlendar website, so where are the new skins.
Now be a good sport and just tell us in clear steps what to do?
It used to be so easy before and now it all gets crazy.

Post edited by: Sirima, at: 2007/02/13 07:00<br><br>Post edited by: Sirima, at: 2007/02/13 07:00
Sirima
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rainlendar2 hasn't existed very long time yet so there aren't many new skins available yet.

Anyway, there hasn't been any changes to the way the old skins are installed. It works exactly the same way as in the previous Rainlendar. You just unzip the skin into the Rainlendar's skins-folder.

Depending which application you use for unzipping or how the skin's zip archive was created an extra subfolder might be created into the Rainlendar's skins folder. If this happens Rainlendar is unable to find the ini-file for the skin and you need to remove the extra subfolder manually.
Rainy
graph

OK, let's take one example: Bloom.zip
When unzipping that I get a folder Bloom containing a subfolder &quot;bloom&quot; constituting 17 .png files and 2 .ini files: bloom _english.ini and bloom_german.ini.
Now what?
Sirima
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Move the subfolder to Rainlendar's skins folder.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop