Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Savanah skin/icloud/iphone
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Savanah skin/icloud/iphone
Savanah skin/icloud/iphone 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
The latest icloud calendar doesn't have import or export that I can find, just add, delete,and share.
I exported rainlander2.ics to a file named rain.ics in the calendar library of windows 7.
Then I used CopyTrans to copy that file to my iphone 4s os 8.3.
It showed up as multiple calendars such as "[blue]" "medical" "party" etc.
I then had to turn my phone off and then on to get them to show on the icloud calendar, which it did with all the different calendars + "rain"
But using just rain as CalDAV is not updating changes in Rainlendar to icloud.
Do I now need to make individual calendars for all of the possible calendars in Savanah???
Or what approach should I take to get the calendars to sync.
Thanks,
Sheila
Sheila
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Savanah skin/icloud/iphone 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
If you have connected Rainlendar to your iCloud calendar and can see the iCloud's events in Rainlendar you should be able also to change them from Rainlendar too. Note that the different calendars are kept separate so your local events do not automatically sync to the iCloud calendar. When you create a new event you need to select the iCloud calendar as the target for the new event so that Rainlendar knows that it should be sent to the Apple's server.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re: Savanah skin/icloud/iphone 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
Well, it mostly works now.
When the calendar was first ported, my iPhone created separate calendars for all of the "categorys", which threw me off a bit.
To make it work, I needed to create separate calendars in the options for each different category that I might use, and then select that on the event being added.
A bit of a pain, since what I originally ported to Rainlendar was fairly large, and I'm still trying to sort it all out.
Thank you for your reply!
I can now answer most questions on how to get it to work on the current iCalendar and iPhone.
Sheila
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop