Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Digiclock modification issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Digiclock modification issues
Digiclock modification issues 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
I tried changing all sort of settings on the DigiClock, most of which did not work properly:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<skin version="1.0">
<window id="DigiClock" w="%Digiclock_width%" h="20" threshold="48" default="0">
         <image id="Calendar.background" element="bitmap.background.tile" origin1="TOP-LEFT" x1="0" y1="0" origin2="BOTTOM-RIGHT" x2="0" y2="30" scaling="STRETCH" margins="0,0,0,0" />
<time x="50" y="0" align="TOP-CENTER" element="font.normal" format="%Format%" timezone="%Timezone%"/>
</window>
</skin>

I was able to change the fontface to display in Verdana, using the font.normal element. However, any of the bit fontfaces I have do not work properly. I specifically would like to use Mini 7 (www.minifonts.com), which I am using in my Events and Task listings. I am using an old-style .ini skin (exceed) for everything but the digiclock.

The text is cut off or disappears if I set it to any form of alignment besides "TOP-CENTER."

I can't get digiclock to resize properly - setting h and w do not affect the object's size. This is irrespective of whether I attempt to hard code a number in, or create a variable.

The background does not seem to respect sizing directives, either - specifically the one that states the background should start 30px above the box's bottom border.

My desktop now, with Rainlendar running:

EDIT: (I blanked out all events listed, just left the days. Call me paranoid. )<br><br>Post edited by: mountiealpha, at: 2007/02/12 23:33
mountiealpha
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Digiclock modification issues 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
This is what the clock looks like with Mini 7 at size 10:

Mini 7 is a pixel font designed to be used at 10px height, or multiples thereof. It should work, since it's displaying fine in the event and todo windows.
mountiealpha
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Digiclock modification issues 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
The font size is defined as points instead of pixels.

My guess why the background doesn't work is that you have defined the height of the window to be 20px. And the background's bottom edge is defined to be 30px below the window's bottom edge so it will naturally be clipped. I would need a fully working version of the skin to be able to check if there are any other problems with it.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop