Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Weather window coming to top every 30 min or so
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Weather window coming to top every 30 min or so
Weather window coming to top every 30 min or so 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Rainlendar Pro
v 2.12.2 (b138) 64 bit

Amongst other windows, I have Yahoo5Weather running in my Rainlendar setup. Every 30 minutes or so, the weather window comes to the front of everything else. I could be browsing in Firefox, typing in Word, or even watching something on YouTube full screen, and the weather window comes to the top. Why is it doing this, and is there a way I can prevent it?
someguy9
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2015/09/06 09:21 By someguy9.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Weather window coming to top every 30 min or so 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hi, I'm the author of Yahoo5weather.

Yes, it has the problem what you said, but I could not find a reason, so it still not be fix.

Currently, you can avoid it by setting position, from Options >> General >> Position >> "On Bottom" or "On Desktop".
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re: Weather window coming to top every 30 min or so 2 Years, 2 Months ago  
Thanks! That did the trick.

Thanks also for a terrific addition to Rainlendar. I've been using Yahoo5Weather for years, and I love it!
someguy9
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Weather window coming to top every 30 min or so 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Without digging into the program code, I suspect that this is happening every time the weather window is updated (look at the update interval you set for it). In order to update the window with new data from the weather site, the window has to become the active window, which brings it to the top. Somewhere in the code, a variable would need to be set for the window that was active before the weather update and, after the update is finished, the code can bring the previously active window back to the top. The weather window would would appear very briefly but then be hidden again by the window you were working in. I just set my weather update interval to 0, assuming than means never update to see if it fixes the problem. I can always right-click > Refresh if I want to see the current weather data.
paradox2900
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2017/05/07 08:34 By paradox2900.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop