Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

synchronization of iCalendar & mobile phone
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: synchronization of iCalendar & mobile phone
synchronization of iCalendar & mobile phone 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi!

I am newbie with the program. I have to say: I already love it. Having gone through the forum for some time now (and having searched the internet a bit), I still could not find an answer to the seemingly simple question: how the heck can I synchronize my iCalendar with my Nokia E50 (or, I guess, the same for any Symbian S60) mobile phone. The phone also supports the SyncML technology, which expressly (as said in a publication on the NOKIA webpage from 2004) supports the iCalendar format. However - I could not find any hint that somebody has ever had success with synchronization of the calendar in the phone - and the iCalendar file of Rainlendar (or any other iCalendar application, like Sunbird). My phone provider (O2 Germany), e.g., gives me the opportunity to synchronize my phone via SnycML with a computer "calendar" - but it turned out that the only calendar possible is MS Outlook...
Also the synchronization software for the phone (NOKIAs PC Suite - goddamn!) only allows synchronization with MS Outlook and some Lotus applications - but not with the iCalendar format.

I have read a lot here about synchronization with MS Outlook. However, my problem is that I do not have (or even wish to have this evil) Outlook on my computer. I just want to synchronize data between my phone and Rainlendar - either via direct connection (cable or Bluetooth) or via SyncML and an iCalendar file that Rainlendar uploads to a server - e.g. from the iCal Exchange service.

Can anybody help me with this maybe? I start getting crazy about the fact that this seemingly simple (and, I suppose, common) task is so hard to fulfill...

Thanks in advance. Maybe we have to find a way together? Did anybody try it with zyb.com (a free SyncML service)?

G,
Björn

Post edited by: bbcuda, at: 2007/02/28 15:18<br><br>Post edited by: bbcuda, at: 2007/03/02 05:25
bbcuda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:synchronization of iCalendar & mobile phone 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
HI bbcuda,

I'm using MyPhoneExplorer (www.fjsoft.at/) in conjunction with Rainlendar. For me it works fine. In the options you could even choose rainlendar as source of sync. Perhaps it helps you to find the program you need.
edwpi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:synchronization of iCalendar & mobile phone 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi, edwpi!

Thanks for Your answer. I have also come across the program MyPhoneExplorer while going through the forum. I have looked at it - but it only seems to work with Sony Ericsson mobile phones, not with Nokia phones (like I have). I didn't try it, but chances seem low to me that it works with Nokia. Did anybody try that?
I wished, synchronizing the mobile phone was as easy as synchronizing the iPod (I could simply copy my iCalendar file from the Rainlendar folder to the &quot;Calendar&quot;-folder on my iPod nano - and it worked... unfortunately, the iPod is a very bad calendar gadget... doesn't have a real alarm - and I am not carrying it around all the time, as I do with my cell phone...).

Does anybody have further comments or suggestions? I would really appreciate it!

G,
Björn<br><br>Post edited by: bbcuda, at: 2007/03/02 05:24
bbcuda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:synchronization of iCalendar & mobile phone 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
hi bbcuda.
I have Nokia E50 too. try this page ZYB.com... someone told me to use it 4 synchronisation. let me know, if U have anything new concerning railendar + e50 icalendar synchro. I would like to use that

thnx
ssuuddoo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop