Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problems with Tasks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problems with Tasks
Problems with Tasks 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago  
Hi,
I've just started using Rainlendar again after some years without the need of a calendar, and I appreciate it very much. But I'm having difficulties with adding tasks, and the to do list. I'm a freelancer and I add my work flow in my week schedule. What I would like to do is att the actual deadlines as tasks,so I can see my work flow in the event list, and the deadlines separately in the To do-list. But as you can see from the screenshot, several options are blanked out. I would like to be able to set the precis time for the deadline, not just the date, and I would like to add categories to them. Possibly also a reminder.
I realise that I might just have missed something(s) in the settings, since there are so many things you can customise. But it would be a great help to get some clarification in this.
Also: I've understood that I can't use my usual Google calendar for the tasks, but I don't really understand why?

Thanks for a very good product!
Best regards,
Laidi

Laidi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems with Tasks 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago  
Google has separate services for events and tasks. The Google Tasks has a very basic support for task properties and it for example doesn't support the time component at all. The fields which are not supported are disabled in Rainlendar. You can use a local calendar to store the tasks if you want to save all the fields. That naturally doesn't sync with online task list though.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Problems with Tasks 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago  
Ah, thanks for explaining. Too bad about the Google Tasks. But it's a good idea to create a local calendar, thanks! I mostly need to see the deadlines separately on my desktop anyway. And thanks again for a great calendar!
Laidi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop