Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Event Alarm Countdown Stops Too Soon
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Event Alarm Countdown Stops Too Soon
Event Alarm Countdown Stops Too Soon 1 Month ago  
About a month ago or more I listed an event - an appointment with a surgeon at Adelaide Hospital - and told Rainlendar to Alarm at 2 weeks prior.

This happened fine and every day I'd see it there counting down. One day less each day.

Then at about 1 week to go the event disappeared from the headsup entirely.

I actually had two of them up. I made the 'booking' twice, inadvertently. They'd both come up. And they both disappeared.

This is catastrophic.

I brought something like this to notice some time ago and got a reply something after the style of 'this is the way rainlendar works' and indicating that I'd contravened some parameters somehow - set up an event too far in the future or something.

I'm not too clear on what it was all about.

But this is catastrophic. If this is Rainlendar's normal operation then it is useless. We cannot have a calendar and alarm system pretending to perform a function and the suddenly abdicating.

If an event is registered and an alarm set it should be valid as stated. If it is not valid the system should flag that fact and refuse to accept it, surely?

The event may still have listed in the 'to do' screen, I don't know, frankly. I rely heavily on the Alarm screen and that's what I'm talking about.
abrogard
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/10/18 14:18 By abrogard.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Event Alarm Countdown Stops Too Soon 3 Weeks, 6 Days ago  
If the alarm was shown already 2 weeks ago there is no reason why it wouldn't be shown after that too.

Open the Rainlendar's manager dialog and locate the event from the list. The event should have an alarm icon next to it. If you hover over the alarm icon it should show in the tooltip if the event has been dismissed or snoozed.

If the tooltip doesn't show that the event was dismissed or snoozed please attach and example event which I can use to try to reproduce the problem.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop